Kodak Processing Channels

Old November 14th 03, 01:00 AM
Richard Cockburn

Default Kodak Processing Channels

Hi. I am pretty sure that Kodak Gold and Royal Gold films share a single
processing channel. And the Portra films share a common channel too. Right?

Does anyone know if the Kodak Professional Supra films share the Gold/RG
channel? I have a ton of 35mm USAW Pro Supra 200 in my fridge. I usually
have it processed at a lab that does a great job with it. However, I want
to know if I could have it processed in an emergency at any one hour lab.
The 1-hr lab nearest my home does a good job with the Gold & RG, but a poor
job with any Kodak Portra or non-Kodak films.

I am especially concerned since Supra is no longer supposed to be sold here
in the states. I have heard rumors that Supra is the same as the latest
version of Royal Gold (which was renamed to High Definition) and also the
same as the European Royal Supra.

Should I expect the Pro Supra to process like Gold/RG? Or would any special
instructions be required?

--
"Live fast. Die young." (Nikki Sixx)

-Richard Cockburn