Music on slideshow

Old June 22nd 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Music on slideshow

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 08:13:42 +1200, "Bev" wrote:

I'd like to find a simple programme that will enable me to add music to my
slideshow, Thanks.

Bev

Check Slide Show Movie Maker at:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/ssmm.html

It's freeware slideshow program and it has some pretty awesome
features including adding background music of your choice.

HTH
Bill

Old June 23rd 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message
I'm not sure what you mean by "limited user account."
Do you mean as one who logs onto a computer as other than the
"adminitrator" of that particular machine?
-Splain...

The "limited user" is the other choice you typically have when
you create users in XP (does not have admin rights). For
what it's worth, I have included a copy of my exchange with
Photodex support below that should give some more detail
in what I am talking about ...

You are not the administrator of your computer?

?

Of course I have admin priv on my computer, however,
my point was that the normal users (which good security
practice dictates should not have admin priv) will have
an issue running their program. It is very bad practice to
simply give everyone on the system admin priv - makes it
easy for bad things to install and/or happen. I can see
not being able to burn CD's and DVD's (although Nero
has a fix for that) as a limited user, but they should be
able to do the rest of the slide show - as their web page
indicates it does (but in reality does not work).

mikey

Old June 23rd 06, 07:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Mike Fields wrote:
[...]

Are you talking about company use?
What environment are you in that you are running into this situation?

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old June 23rd 06, 02:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Mike Fields wrote:
[...]

No, home use -- the rest of the family's accounts on
the computer are limited accounts as they should be
following good security practice (check out any of
the security newsgroups or any of the xp newsgroups
for pointers on how to prevent bad things happening
on the computer. One of the first is to limit the
privileges of user accounts.)