Morning glory

Old March 16th 07, 12:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Douglas.

Default Morning glory

http://www.annika1980.com/D-Macs/morning.htm
Mouth of Wynnum creek, Moreton Bay in Southern Queensland.
Sub Tropical paradise overlooking the Moreton Bay Islands and my beloved
Tangalooma Wild Dolphin Resort... My home!

Douglas

Old March 16th 07, 02:01 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Draco

On Mar 15, 7:13 pm, "Douglas." wrote:
http://www.annika1980.com/D-Macs/morning.htm
Mouth of Wynnum creek, Moreton Bay in Southern Queensland.
Sub Tropical paradise overlooking the Moreton Bay Islands and my beloved
Tangalooma Wild Dolphin Resort... My home!

Douglas

Douglas,
The title and comments was leading me to believe I was going to see
some land and maybe some sub tropical views of your home. To my dismay
all I saw was the same view I have of rednecks, in their trashed row
boat, motoring out to drink and fish. Even the peligans were looking
on with disgust for those two to be out on the water.
If this comment leads you to dismiss my opinion, not a problem. I
have had others tell me some of my images were not what they thought
they should be either. Maybe a change in the description would be a
help. Like, "Competing fishermen".

No matter what, I do like a lot of your images. Just some more than
others.

Be well and happy, mate. Land of OZ needs folks who see a bit
differantly.

Draco

Getting even isn't good enough.

Old March 16th 07, 05:01 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Scott W

On Mar 16, 3:01 am, "Draco" wrote:
On Mar 15, 7:13 pm, "Douglas." wrote:

http://www.annika1980.com/D-Macs/morning.htm
Mouth of Wynnum creek, Moreton Bay in Southern Queensland.
Sub Tropical paradise overlooking the Moreton Bay Islands and my beloved
Tangalooma Wild Dolphin Resort... My home!

Douglas

Douglas,
The title and comments was leading me to believe I was going to see
some land and maybe some sub tropical views of your home. To my dismay
all I saw was the same view I have of rednecks, in their trashed row
boat, motoring out to drink and fish. Even the peligans were looking
on with disgust for those two to be out on the water.

Well I don't believe you can tell they are rednecks or that they are
going fishing from the photo. Part of this is because a 8 bit png
just does not have enough colors to let us really see the image. I
have seen any number of image where 256 colors is enough, but this is
not one of them. If this image is going to work at all it really
needs to be able to show us the subtle colors in the image, it does
not.

It all most looks like the men are wearing some kind of uniform, but
again with the limited colors you just can't tell.

The boat does not look trashed to be, other then by reducing its
colors to 8 bits, and it is just a bit more then a row boat.

As far as the photo goes it looks washed out from looking towards the
sun and perhaps taken with a fairly long lens? A bit of work with an
adjustment layer could keep the haze look in the background but remove
much of the washed out look in the foreground.

Scott

Old March 16th 07, 07:37 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Draco

On Mar 16, 12:01 pm, "Scott W" wrote:
On Mar 16, 3:01 am, "Draco" wrote: On Mar 15, 7:13 pm, "Douglas." wrote:

http://www.annika1980.com/D-Macs/morning.htm
Mouth of Wynnum creek, Moreton Bay in Southern Queensland.
Sub Tropical paradise overlooking the Moreton Bay Islands and my beloved
Tangalooma Wild Dolphin Resort... My home!

Douglas

Douglas,
The title and comments was leading me to believe I was going to see
some land and maybe some sub tropical views of your home. To my dismay
all I saw was the same view I have of rednecks, in their trashed row
boat, motoring out to drink and fish. Even the peligans were looking
on with disgust for those two to be out on the water.

Well I don't believe you can tell they are rednecks or that they are
going fishing from the photo.

(snip)
It all most looks like the men are wearing some kind of uniform, but
again with the limited colors you just can't tell.

With the ball hats and patches on their coats they resemble the
rednecks from this part of the country. Some times they carry fishing
poles and some times they forget. But they always have a beer cooler
or even a bag full of beer like next to the guy in front.

The boat does not look trashed to be, other then by reducing its
colors to 8 bits, and it is just a bit more then a row boat.

The boat may not be trashed but it sure is well used. It is a row boat
with bolt on transoms for motors.

Doug can do better. I've seen it.

Old March 16th 07, 09:33 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Douglas.

"Draco" wrote in message
oups.com...

:
: Be well and happy, mate. Land of OZ needs folks who see a bit
: differantly.
:
: Draco
: