Fuji goes to 24mp and sticks with X-Trans sensor

Old January 15th 16, 05:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Fuji goes to 24mp and sticks with X-Trans sensor

On Jan 14, 2016, Rich A wrote
(in ):

I'm glad they didn't go Bayer.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1682763...s-flagship-24-
meg
apixel-x-pro2-mirrorless-camera

That is going to be a popular camera in the Fuji World.
There might even be one in my future, but for now there are a few lenses I
should pick up first.

It is a pity they didn’t bring the new sensor to the X-T1 and the X-E2.
Perhaps that is somewhere on the marketing road map.

The newly announced X-E2s is a bit of a cop-out as the only changes are a
slight swelling in the grip area, and the firmware upgrade which is also
available to the X-E2.
I can’t see current X-E2 users buying the cosmetic changes for a higher
price. With the firmware upgraded X-E2 offering the same features, the older
camera is going to be a great option for those wanting to explore the Fuji
X-System without paying the price premium.

For now I will be sticking with my firmware updated X-E2 (Feb 4).

Savageduck

Old January 15th 16, 01:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On Thu, 14 Jan 2016 21:24:55 -0800, Savageduck %A wrote in
:

On Jan 14, 2016, Rich A wrote
(in ):

I'm glad they didn't go Bayer.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1682763...s-flagship-24-
meg
apixel-x-pro2-mirrorless-camera

That is going to be a popular camera in the Fuji World.
There might even be one in my future, but for now there are a few lenses I
should pick up first.

It is a pity they didn’t bring the new sensor to the X-T1 and the X-E2.

The T2 was rumoured do be unveiled this summer with 24MP, IIRC. The E* is user stuff and likely to remain at 16 for now...

Perhaps that is somewhere on the marketing road map.

The newly announced X-E2s is a bit of a cop-out as the only changes are a
slight swelling in the grip area, and the firmware upgrade which is also
available to the X-E2.
I can’t see current X-E2 users buying the cosmetic changes for a higher
price. With the firmware upgraded X-E2 offering the same features, the older
camera is going to be a great option for those wanting to explore the Fuji
X-System without paying the price premium.

For now I will be sticking with my firmware updated X-E2 (Feb 4).

Both AF and silencer! Have good shooting...

--
teleportation kills
Old January 15th 16, 01:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

[...]

Both AF and silencer! Have some good shooting...

--
teleportation kills

--
teleportation kills

Old January 15th 16, 07:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article m, Savageduck
wrote:

The newly announced X-E2s is a bit of a cop-out as the only changes
are a slight swelling in the grip area, and the firmware upgrade
which is also available to the X-E2. I can?t see current X-E2
users buying the cosmetic changes for a higher price.

A quick google suggests that the X-E2s will be $100 cheaper:

X-E2 $800:
http://www.amazon.com/Fujfilm-XE2-Bundles/dp/B00FPKDSGS

X-E2s $700:
http://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-X-E2S-Body-Mirrorless-Black/dp/B01A8DUPJO

So, cheaper and new software features included in the price. For existing X-E2
users there would be no reasons to buy the S, but for new buyers...

--
Sandman
Old January 15th 16, 08:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jan 15, 2016, Sandman wrote
(in ):

In news.com, Savageduck
wrote:

The newly announced X-E2s is a bit of a cop-out as the only changes
are a slight swelling in the grip area, and the firmware upgrade
which is also available to the X-E2. I can?t see current X-E2
users buying the cosmetic changes for a higher price.

A quick google suggests that the X-E2s will be $100 cheaper:

X-E2 $800:
http://www.amazon.com/Fujfilm-XE2-Bundles/dp/B00FPKDSGS

X-E2s $700:
http://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-X-E2S-Body-Mirrorless-Black/dp/B01A8DUPJO

So, cheaper and new software features included in the price. For existing

X-E2
users there would be no reasons to buy the S, but for new buyers...

Yup! That is at the current price point. However, come Feb 4 the current X-E2
inventory is going to be a clearance item to be snapped up, and with the
firmware update a bargain. Just no “S” on the name plate. I would be very
surprised if the large vendors maintain the current X-E2 price for any length
of time after the X-E2s goes on sale. A knowledgeble buyer is going to look
for a discount on the firmware updated X-E2, it will make a great spare for
the X-Pro2, or X-T1 shooter.

My X-E2 with 18-55mm f/2.8-4.0 cost me $999, and I am quite happy. The
firmware update, especially with the AF improvements, upgraded electronic
shutter, and increased frame rate gives me a new camera to play with.

....and for new buyers the X-E2s is going to be very good value and an
excellent entry into the Fuji X-System, separated from the X-Pro2 and X-T1 by
price point, but not by features and capability.

Savageduck