Hot Stuff

Old July 3rd 13, 12:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dudley Hanks[_6_]

Default Hot Stuff

Tried my hand at shooting fireworks at the local Canada Day
celebration.

http://www.blind-apertures.ca/pics/Fireworks.jpg

It was a longish exposure, about 4 secs, so the original was
fairly bright.

After a bit of Adobe tinkering, I'm told the result isn't all
that bad.

But ... What do you gurus think?

Take Care,
Dudley

Old July 3rd 13, 06:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

On 03/07/2013 00:40, Dudley Hanks wrote:
Tried my hand at shooting fireworks at the local Canada Day
celebration.

http://www.blind-apertures.ca/pics/Fireworks.jpg

It was a longish exposure, about 4 secs, so the original was
fairly bright.

After a bit of Adobe tinkering, I'm told the result isn't all
that bad.

But ... What do you gurus think?

Take Care,
Dudley

It captures the atmosphere, but less exposure would have been better.
Or a smaller aperture. It's out of focus, which is the major defect I
can see.
--
Cheers,
David
Old July 3rd 13, 07:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dudley Hanks[_6_]

David Taylor wrote:

On 03/07/2013 00:40, Dudley Hanks wrote:
Tried my hand at shooting fireworks at the local Canada Day
celebration.

http://www.blind-apertures.ca/pics/Fireworks.jpg

It was a longish exposure, about 4 secs, so the original was
fairly bright.

After a bit of Adobe tinkering, I'm told the result isn't all
that bad.

But ... What do you gurus think?

Take Care,
Dudley

It captures the atmosphere, but less exposure would have been better.
Or a smaller aperture. It's out of focus, which is the major defect I
can see.
--
Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu

Thanks, David, for taking a peek.

I'm not surprised it's out of focus, as I've had a ton of
trouble with that lens. Not sure why.

Also, thanks for the feedback exposure. It's a starting
point from which I can make adjustments the next time.

Take Care,
Dudley
Old July 3rd 13, 01:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 7/3/2013 1:55 AM, David Taylor wrote:
On 03/07/2013 00:40, Dudley Hanks wrote:
Tried my hand at shooting fireworks at the local Canada Day
celebration.

http://www.blind-apertures.ca/pics/Fireworks.jpg

It was a longish exposure, about 4 secs, so the original was
fairly bright.

After a bit of Adobe tinkering, I'm told the result isn't all
that bad.

But ... What do you gurus think?

Take Care,
Dudley

It captures the atmosphere, but less exposure would have been better. Or
a smaller aperture. It's out of focus, which is the major defect I can
see.

I think it's overexposed. I don't see it as a focus issue.

--
PeterN
Old July 3rd 13, 02:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pablo

Whisky-dave wrote:

snip more whitespace than there is in outer space

What do you do that squirts tons of blank lines into your posts?

--

Pablo

http://www.ipernity.com/home/313627
http://paulc.es/

Old July 3rd 13, 02:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
pensive hamster

On Wednesday, 3 July 2013 14:21:48 UTC+1, Pablo wrote:
Whisky-dave wrote:

snip more whitespace than there is in outer space

What do you do that squirts tons of blank lines into your posts?

--

Pablo

Its the new improved Google Groups.

No idea why they made it insert extra lines
in quoted text.
Old July 3rd 13, 02:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pablo

Whisky-dave wrote:

snip more whitespace than there is in outer space

What do you do that squirts tons of blank lines into your posts?

--

Pablo

Its the new improved Google Groups.

No idea why they made it insert extra lines
in quoted text.

It also fails to snip sigs. What a pile of crap. Is there any reason not to
use a proper newsreader?