Photoshop CS2 malfunction Win7 64-bit

Old June 28th 13, 05:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Usenet Account

Default Photoshop CS2 malfunction Win7 64-bit

Very odd issues as of late with CS2, it's been working fine on this PC
for a couple years. As of this week I can't use the windows file manager
to "drag-n-drop" into PS CS2. I can drop files into other folders, and
other applications. Just CS2 has become flaky, with a disabled
drag-and-drop. When I try I get the circle with diagonal slash. Other
Adobe apps are working fine.

I have deleted the prefs file, I have reinstalled from the original CD.
I have tired system restore. I can open the files using the open file
menu, but that's a bit of a drag.

--
This space intentionally left blank.
Old June 28th 13, 01:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo [_3_]

On 06/27/2013 11:17 PM, Usenet Account wrote:
Very odd issues as of late with CS2, it's been working fine on this PC
for a couple years. As of this week I can't use the windows file manager
to "drag-n-drop" into PS CS2. I can drop files into other folders, and
other applications. Just CS2 has become flaky, with a disabled
drag-and-drop. When I try I get the circle with diagonal slash. Other
Adobe apps are working fine.

I have deleted the prefs file, I have reinstalled from the original CD.
I have tired system restore. I can open the files using the open file
menu, but that's a bit of a drag.

Not too long ago I had updated my wife's Win7_64bit machine and it broke
Photoshop CS-6

I uninstalled KB2799926 and after a reboot, all was fine.

I then deselected that update to make sure it would not be installed again
Old June 28th 13, 08:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 6/28/2013 8:09 AM, philo wrote:
On 06/27/2013 11:17 PM, Usenet Account wrote:
Very odd issues as of late with CS2, it's been working fine on this PC
for a couple years. As of this week I can't use the windows file manager
to "drag-n-drop" into PS CS2. I can drop files into other folders, and
other applications. Just CS2 has become flaky, with a disabled
drag-and-drop. When I try I get the circle with diagonal slash. Other
Adobe apps are working fine.

I have deleted the prefs file, I have reinstalled from the original CD.
I have tired system restore. I can open the files using the open file
menu, but that's a bit of a drag.

Not too long ago I had updated my wife's Win7_64bit machine and it broke
Photoshop CS-6

I uninstalled KB2799926 and after a reboot, all was fine.

I then deselected that update to make sure it would not be installed again

I have that update, have not not seen any issues, with CS6. I wonder if
there is another cause of the conflict.

--
PeterN
Old June 28th 13, 08:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo [_3_]

On 06/28/2013 02:01 PM, PeterN wrote:
[...]

Hard to say, other than that one issue the machine has always worked
flawlessly.
Old June 29th 13, 04:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 6/28/2013 3:52 PM, philo wrote:
[...]

thanks. for the heads up. There is always rollback.
A few weeks ago I had some issues with Bridge not closing properly. I
installed an update from Adobe, although Adobe didn't admit anything.
I did find this link, that helped:
http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/bridge_cs6_wont_open_running_on_win7

--
PeterN
Old June 29th 13, 02:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo [_3_]

On 06/28/2013 10:12 PM, PeterN wrote:
[...]

I am sure different people will have different results but in general,
if I have a problem with something I try do undo the most recent changes.

On my wife's previous machine, there were a few updates that broke her
Wacom Tablet drivers...but Wacom (each time) had new drivers which fixed
the problem so I did not have to roll back any Windows updates.
Old June 29th 13, 04:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 6/29/2013 9:24 AM, philo wrote:
[...]

That may have something to do with different versions of the OS being
modified by different OEM vendors.

--
PeterN
Old June 29th 13, 05:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

:
: I have deleted the prefs file, I have reinstalled from the original CD.
: I have tired system restore. I can open the files using the open file
: menu, but that's a bit of a drag.

CS2 must be pretty old. Older versions of lots of programs could have issues
with 64-bit Windows 7. Has it been running under that OS for the whole two
years, or was it a recent upgrade?

As a last resort, you could install a virtual XP machine on your PC and see if
CS2 will run under that. That PC had better have a lot of memory, though.

Bob
Old June 29th 13, 06:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Robert Coe
wrote:

: Very odd issues as of late with CS2, it's been working fine on this PC
: for a couple years. As of this week I can't use the windows file manager
: to "drag-n-drop" into PS CS2. I can drop files into other folders, and
: other applications. Just CS2 has become flaky, with a disabled
: drag-and-drop. When I try I get the circle with diagonal slash. Other
: Adobe apps are working fine.
:
: I have deleted the prefs file, I have reinstalled from the original CD.
: I have tired system restore. I can open the files using the open file
: menu, but that's a bit of a drag.

CS2 must be pretty old. Older versions of lots of programs could have issues
with 64-bit Windows 7. Has it been running under that OS for the whole two
years, or was it a recent upgrade?

cs2 is 8 years old and definitely not qualified to run on win7.

As a last resort, you could install a virtual XP machine on your PC and see if
CS2 will run under that. That PC had better have a lot of memory, though.

that might work, but not a good idea.
Old July 3rd 13, 03:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Usenet Account

wrote:
[...]

Odd it was running fine until recently, I notice a couple other apps
aren't D&D either, that seems to point to some MS Hotfix..

--
This space intentionally left blank.