Camera Buy-Sell-Trade Board

Old January 18th 11, 03:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Camera Buy-Sell-Trade Board

On 2011-01-17 16:28:38 -0800, Ken said:

http://antiquecameraxxs.proboards.com/

Browse the board, ask questions, offer help.
Listings are FREE! Share your camera experience
and knowledge with others. Sell your equipment,
Trade your stuff, Buy for your collection.

Click to visit: http://antiquecameraxxs.proboards.com/

---
Ken Riley Photographics, Pittsburgh, PA. USA
An Information Web Site About Collecting Vintage
Cameras And Serving The Web Community Since 1997
http://www.xxphoto.com

Ken, as informative as making us aware of a board where trading of
cameras can take place might be, this post reeks of SPAM.

One look shows this is an effort to increase traffic to both the board
and your site in your sig. (Things aren't going too well, a total of
37 topics, and total posts 52!)

So let me modify what I wrote, not only does this post reek of SPAM, it
tests positive as TOXIC POLLUTANT SPAM!

Savageduck

Old January 18th 11, 06:04 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
David Nebenzahl

On 1/17/2011 7:13 PM Savageduck spake thus:

On 2011-01-17 16:28:38 -0800, Ken said:

[...]

Well, maybe.

I smelled spam as well, but I went there nonetheless. Sure, very few
posts, and the site doesn't pretend not to be a commercial site (a place
to buy and sell stuff).

But I have to say I was impressed with what I *think* are comments made
there by the proprietor. Several replies to people trying to sell photo
equipment were very honest and helpful about what to say (and what not
to say) when writing an eBay description, f'rinstance. So maybe it
should be given a chance ...

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.
Old January 18th 11, 06:38 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2011-01-17 16:28:38 -0800, Ken said:

[...]

So what if it is impressive? The manner he brought it to our attention
is what counts.
There is a big difference between dropping a conversational hint via a
URL to a commercial site in a thread, and posting full information to
what is a subset of your own business seeking hits.

He would have been slightly more credible if he had used the other
tactic of an anonymous "Hey! Guys look what I found! What do you think
of this?" and not even add his very obvious sig and business URL.
It is SPAM.

Savageduck

Old January 20th 11, 03:08 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 19:13:44 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:
: On 2011-01-17 16:28:38 -0800, Ken said:
:
: http://antiquecameraxxs.proboards.com/
:
: Browse the board, ask questions, offer help.
: Listings are FREE! Share your camera experience
: and knowledge with others. Sell your equipment,
: Trade your stuff, Buy for your collection.
:
: Click to visit: http://antiquecameraxxs.proboards.com/
:
: ---
: Ken Riley Photographics, Pittsburgh, PA. USA
: An Information Web Site About Collecting Vintage
: Cameras And Serving The Web Community Since 1997
: http://www.xxphoto.com
:
: Ken, as informative as making us aware of a board where trading of
: cameras can take place might be, this post reeks of SPAM.
:
: One look shows this is an effort to increase traffic to both the board
: and your site in your sig. (Things aren't going too well, a total of
: 37 topics, and total posts 52!)
:
: So let me modify what I wrote, not only does this post reek of SPAM, it
: tests positive as TOXIC POLLUTANT SPAM!

Nonsense. Spam has to be either very far off-topic or highly repetitive. So
far, this is neither.

Bob
Old January 20th 11, 03:11 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 22:38:09 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:
: On 2011-01-17 22:04:13 -0800, David Nebenzahl said:
:
[...]

I disagree entirely. If he had done what you say, it would have been
disingenuous and therefore *more* properly regarded as spam. A single
reference to a commercial site actually operated by the poster should offend
no one.

Bob