Palace of Fine Arts

Old November 17th 07, 08:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

Default Palace of Fine Arts

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/9812/p1030674qy8.jpg

--
Best regards,
John Navas
Old November 17th 07, 09:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
DustinR.

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 08:44:23 GMT, John Navas wrote:

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/9812/p1030674qy8.jpg

Finally. It's about time that you came to your senses and dumped that POS P&S
camera and got a decent D-SLR and L-glass. You must have at least used an f/1.4
prime lens to get that much detail in the buildings' shadows at night. I suspect
your camera has a full-frame CMOS sensor too considering the low noise levels.
You must've had to use pretty high ISOs to get that image.

Nice example.

Now if only P&S cameras could do that well.

:-)

Old November 17th 07, 09:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Douglas[_4_]

wrote:

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/9812/p1030674qy8.jpg

Finally. It's about time that you came to your senses and dumped that
POS P&S camera and got a decent D-SLR and L-glass. You must have at
least used an f/1.4 prime lens to get that much detail in the buildings'
shadows at night. I suspect your camera has a full-frame CMOS sensor too
considering the low noise levels. You must've had to use pretty high
ISOs to get that image.

Nice example.

Now if only P&S cameras could do that well.

:-)

Ha,ha,ha. P&S lesson 101! Six second exposure sure would have cramped
your hand... Should have used a tripod!

Douglas

--
If you don't defend your rights... You end up without any!
Old November 17th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Brently Granger

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 08:44:23 GMT, John Navas wrote:

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/9812/p1030674qy8.jpg

The silence is deafening. :-)

Where oh where are all the DSLR advocates?

See, this is why I don't post mine, it's just too easy to shut them up. There
goes all the fun.

:-)

Old November 18th 07, 05:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Kevin McMurtrie

wrote:

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/9812/p1030674qy8.jpg

Finally. It's about time that you came to your senses and dumped that POS P&S
camera and got a decent D-SLR and L-glass. You must have at least used an
f/1.4
prime lens to get that much detail in the buildings' shadows at night. I
suspect
your camera has a full-frame CMOS sensor too considering the low noise
levels.
You must've had to use pretty high ISOs to get that image.

Nice example.

Now if only P&S cameras could do that well.

:-)

http://www.pixelmemory.us/Photos/SF%...g%2024%202002/

Taken back in 2002 on the SF Bay Photo Group's second meeting -
when I had a P&S
Old November 19th 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 21:26:17 -0800, Kevin McMurtrie
wrote in
:

wrote:

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/9812/p1030674qy8.jpg

Finally. It's about time that you came to your senses and dumped that POS P&S
camera and got a decent D-SLR and L-glass. You must have at least used an
f/1.4
prime lens to get that much detail in the buildings' shadows at night. I
suspect
your camera has a full-frame CMOS sensor too considering the low noise
levels.
You must've had to use pretty high ISOs to get that image.

Nice example.

Now if only P&S cameras could do that well.

:-)

http://www.pixelmemory.us/Photos/SF%...g%2024%202002/

Taken back in 2002 on the SF Bay Photo Group's second meeting -
when I had a P&S

You really think
http://www.pixelmemory.us/Photos/SF%20Bay%20Photo/Aug%2024%202002/011.JPG
measures up to my image?

p.s. You apparently missed the sarcasm and leaped to conclusions -- my
image was taken with my FZ8.

Old November 19th 07, 02:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
DustinR.

wrote:

[...]

Awww shucks, now you went and spoiled all the fun. :-)

I've got some remarkable P&S aurora photos and constellation photos. One that
I'm particularly fond of. A rainbow hued moonset on a remote island-dotted,
mirror-still, lake that takes your breath away. You have no idea how difficult
it was to under-expose that one just right to get it to look like a moonset and
not just another sunset. That is the biggest challenge of the thousands of
moonlit photos that I've taken with my P&S cameras, capturing too much light
rather than too little.

If I shared any of those at full resolution the suicide rates in the DSLR camps
would drastically rise. I refrain from posting those so as not to completely
challenge their mental-health (what's left of it).

Interesting in that the deafening silence from the DSLR proponents persists.

Old November 19th 07, 03:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 06:54:30 -0800, "Juan Moore Beer"
wrote in :

OK - I'll be the first of the DSLR guys to comment - Nice shot.

Thank you. Of course DSLRs take nice shots too.

What matters is the photographer, not the tool.

Old November 20th 07, 04:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Kevin McMurtrie

wrote:

[...]

I was playing along, actually.