[SI] New Mandates!

Old January 7th 11, 08:07 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bowser

Default [SI] New Mandates!

OK shooters here you go: three new mandates:

Bad Travel Shots: We all have them, so let's see them! Admittedly, not
all my shots are worth of the cover of NG, or even the Tri-Town
Transcript, so dig out those less than perfect travel photos and put
them on display. NOTE: for this mandate, archive shots are acceptable.
Tell us when and where you took it, and what went wrong.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bad_travel

The Letter M: Submit a shot of something that begins with the letter M.
Examples: Mother in law is OK, but a picture of a person labeled "moron"
is not. A Mercedes is OK, My Car is not. McWay Falls is OK, Massive
Waterfall is not. And, as you can see, Mutt is OK, My Dog is not.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_m

Hands/Feet: Human hands and feet, please. Paws and hoofs are NOT hands
and feet. Aside from that, anything goes. PG-13, as usual...

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/hands_feet

Please check the Rulz page for additional info. Note that the capture
date is January 1st, 2011 for all mandates, except for Bad Travel Shots.
Archive shots are acceptable in that one. The Rulz page is he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

The Shoot-In is a simple excercise where people submit photos for
display. The main purpose is entertainment. There are no prizes, no
placings, no voting. Just a few comments by NG individuals. Submitted
photos will not appear until after the due date.

Submit your photos he si dot moderator at yahoo dot com (cleverly
disguised email address)

Now go shoot. And let's be careful out there.
Old January 7th 11, 08:32 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 11.01.07 14:07 , Bowser wrote:
OK shooters here you go: three new mandates:

Bad Travel Shots: We all have them, so let's see them! Admittedly, not
all my shots are worth of the cover of NG, or even the Tri-Town
Transcript, so dig out those less than perfect travel photos and put
them on display. NOTE: for this mandate, archive shots are acceptable.
Tell us when and where you took it, and what went wrong.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bad_travel

The Letter M: Submit a shot of something that begins with the letter M.
Examples: Mother in law is OK, but a picture of a person labeled "moron"
is not. A Mercedes is OK, My Car is not. McWay Falls is OK, Massive
Waterfall is not. And, as you can see, Mutt is OK, My Dog is not.

That's a Middling suggestion. And I Mean it, it's quite, well, Median.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_m

Hands/Feet: Human hands and feet, please. Paws and hoofs are NOT hands
and feet. Aside from that, anything goes. PG-13, as usual...

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/hands_feet

Please check the Rulz page for additional info. Note that the capture
date is January 1st, 2011 for all mandates, except for Bad Travel Shots.
Archive shots are acceptable in that one. The Rulz page is he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

The Shoot-In is a simple excercise where people submit photos for
display. The main purpose is entertainment. There are no prizes, no
placings, no voting. Just a few comments by NG individuals. Submitted
photos will not appear until after the due date.

Submit your photos he si dot moderator at yahoo dot com (cleverly
disguised email address)

Now go shoot. And let's be careful out there.

Due dates? Surely Jan 1 is hard to make...

--
gmail originated posts filtered due to spam.
Old January 7th 11, 09:01 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bowser

On 1/7/2011 2:32 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
On 11.01.07 14:07 , Bowser wrote:
[...]

Dammitt. I posted the wrong file. The corrected due dates are in there
now, and a

Bad Travel: January 30th
M: February 27th
hands/Feet: March 3rd.

sorry...
Old January 8th 11, 03:05 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

On Fri, 07 Jan 2011 14:32:24 -0500, Alan Browne
wrote:
: On 11.01.07 14:07 , Bowser wrote:
: OK shooters here you go: three new mandates:
: ...
:
: The Letter M: Submit a shot of something that begins with the letter M.
: Examples: Mother in law is OK, but a picture of a person labeled "moron"
: is not. A Mercedes is OK, My Car is not. McWay Falls is OK, Massive
: Waterfall is not. And, as you can see, Mutt is OK, My Dog is not.
:
: That's a Middling suggestion. And I Mean it, it's quite, well, Median.

Mull that if you must, Alan, but most of us who live in Massachusetts and/or
Montréal are unlikely to make many missteps with this mandate!

Martha says she may mosey down to Milton to photograph the antique cars the
MBTA uses on the Mattapan line. ;^)

Bob

Old January 8th 11, 09:57 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Eric Stevens

wrote:
: On 11.01.07 14:07 , Bowser wrote:
: OK shooters here you go: three new mandates:
: ...
:
: The Letter M: Submit a shot of something that begins with the letter M.
: Examples: Mother in law is OK, but a picture of a person labeled "moron"
: is not. A Mercedes is OK, My Car is not. McWay Falls is OK, Massive
: Waterfall is not. And, as you can see, Mutt is OK, My Dog is not.
:
: That's a Middling suggestion. And I Mean it, it's quite, well, Median.

Mull that if you must, Alan, but most of us who live in Massachusetts and/or
Montréal are unlikely to make many missteps with this mandate!

Martha says she may mosey down to Milton to photograph the antique cars the
MBTA uses on the Mattapan line. ;^)

Marvelous Moves, I Must Mention that I don't Mosey into Montréal proper
to Much as the Moving Masses of 'Mobiles cause Much 'Motional distress.

That's strange. I thought the Moving Masses of Mobiles Makes for Much
Motional Malaise.

Eric Stevens
Old January 8th 11, 10:11 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

wrote:
: On 11.01.07 14:07 , Bowser wrote:
[...]

Mainly.

--
gmail originated posts filtered due to spam.

Old January 7th 11, 09:24 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete[_9_]

On 2011-01-07 19:07:23 +0000, Bowser said:

OK shooters here you go: three new mandates:

Bad Travel Shots: We all have them, so let's see them! Admittedly, not
all my shots are worth of the cover of NG, or even the Tri-Town
Transcript, so dig out those less than perfect travel photos and put
them on display. NOTE: for this mandate, archive shots are acceptable.
Tell us when and where you took it, and what went wrong.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bad_travel

Great. I can submit to this mandate with great ease.

The Letter M: Submit a shot of something that begins with the letter M.
Examples: Mother in law is OK, but a picture of a person labeled
"moron" is not. A Mercedes is OK, My Car is not. McWay Falls is OK,
Massive Waterfall is not. And, as you can see, Mutt is OK, My Dog is
not.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_m

Hands/Feet: Human hands and feet, please. Paws and hoofs are NOT hands
and feet. Aside from that, anything goes. PG-13, as usual...

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/hands_feet

Well, thank goodness you didn't choose a letter that includes puppies,
as has been intimated, because my understanding of that word takes it
far beyond the scope of PG-13. If anyone submits a picture of, say,
Maria's puppies that are the size of a Great Dane's offspring then
don't expect me to give positive feedback, even if Maria is partially
covering them with a winter coat. Of course, if the pictures were taken
as a "Maria in the Winter Snow with Bare Hands and Feet" scene then
having large puppies could be very appropriate.

Please check the Rulz page for additional info. Note that the capture
date is January 1st, 2011 for all mandates, except for Bad Travel
Shots. Archive shots are acceptable in that one. The Rulz page is he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

The Shoot-In is a simple excercise where people submit photos for
display. The main purpose is entertainment. There are no prizes, no
placings, no voting. Just a few comments by NG individuals. Submitted
photos will not appear until after the due date.

Submit your photos he si dot moderator at yahoo dot com (cleverly
disguised email address)

Now go shoot. And let's be careful out there.

As always, many thanks for your time, Bowser.

--
Pete

Old January 7th 11, 11:31 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bowser

On 1/7/2011 3:24 PM, Pete wrote:
On 2011-01-07 19:07:23 +0000, Bowser said:

[...]

Forget puppies. What about mammaries?

Old January 8th 11, 04:26 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bowser

On 1/7/2011 8:20 PM, John A. wrote:

On 2011-01-07 19:07:23 +0000, Bowser said:

[...]

Always reminds me of Bob Hope.

"Tanks for the Mammaries"