JUST ANOTHER CHEEP SHOT

Old July 8th 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
julian

Default JUST ANOTHER CHEEP SHOT

http://www.ryadia.com/POD/July/04-07-07.htm

Old July 8th 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
m II

Julian wrote:

http://www.ryadia.com/POD/July/04-07-07.htm

Great shot. The lighting makes it perfect.

Five stars!

mike
Old July 8th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Mick Harris

"Rita Ä Berkowitz" ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote in message
Julian wrote:

http://www.ryadia.com/POD/July/04-07-07.htm

The back/side lighting really makes this shot come alive. Great shot.

Rita

Yeah, nice one

Old July 9th 07, 11:34 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Jul 8, 12:48 pm, Julian wrote:
http://www.ryadia.com/POD/July/04-07-07.htm

It's a very nice image, but in my no-doubt-flawed (and possibly deeply-
biased - Hi Douglas!) opinion, I think more diffuse front lighting
(was it flash? - see below) would have helped. And am I the only one
who thinks Chick 3 is well beyond the depth of field?

From a highly technical point of view, I'm puzzled by how one can get

single eye highlights in C2 and C3, and then three in C1.
Intriguing...

Old July 9th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Draco

On Jul 7, 10:48 pm, Julian wrote:
http://www.ryadia.com/POD/July/04-07-07.htm

Great shot Douglas. The back lighting brings the image off the BG with
a detail that would have been lost otherwise. I do notice that chick 3
(going from left to right) seems a bit soft. But with the shallow DOF
you took this shot in...it is understandable and forgivable.
Using the flash for front fill was a great way to light up the
shadows without blowing the backlighted feathers. Did you use one or
two flashes? Maybe a reflector as well. Noticing a couple of catch
lights in the eyes is reason I'm asking. Even if you use PS to help
"tweek" the image, it doesn't take away the power of the image any.

God job. Keep at it Douglas. I like what I have been seeing from
you lately.

Draco

Getting even isn't good enough.

Doing better does.

Old July 9th 07, 02:01 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Mick Harris

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 8, 12:48 pm, Julian wrote:
http://www.ryadia.com/POD/July/04-07-07.htm

It's a very nice image, but in my no-doubt-flawed (and possibly deeply-
biased - Hi Douglas!) opinion, I think more diffuse front lighting
(was it flash? - see below) would have helped. And am I the only one
who thinks Chick 3 is well beyond the depth of field?

From a highly technical point of view, I'm puzzled by how one can get

single eye highlights in C2 and C3, and then three in C1.
Intriguing...

"And am I the only one who thinks Chick 3 is well beyond the depth of
field?"

Maybe not, but you might be the only one that cares!
Personally, my photography improved when I stopped worrying about the
technical aspects of images so much, and started to concentrate on the
artistic side a bit more.
Very few pictures are technically perfect, but it doesn't stop them from
being great images.
As for the highlights in the chicks eyes, could it be because the
angle/position is slightly different? or have they been added to chick 2 & 3
? then again does it really matter? it's the final result and not the
process of getting there that matters to me.
ATB
Mick

Old July 9th 07, 04:15 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Draco

(snip)

"... God job..."

Oops, I meant Good job, and still do.
(snip)

Old July 9th 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Jul 9, 6:34 am, wrote:

From a highly technical point of view, I'm puzzled by how one can get

single eye highlights in C2 and C3, and then three in C1.
Intriguing...

hey that was a CHEEP shot. I'm sure he meant to do that.
Or else his clone tool has a hiccup.

Old July 12th 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Jul 10, 4:39 am, Julian Abbot wrote:

I'm running the print centres while he's away. He's got a female
running the new studio.

Where are these print centers and studio? Do they have a name and a
physical address? I think I can send some business your way from some
friends I know that live close by.

Post the address so they can give you the business.

Old July 12th 07, 10:25 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Julian Abbot[_2_]

Annika1980 wrote in news:1184201978.891735.187090
@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

On Jul 10, 4:39 am, Julian Abbot wrote:

I'm running the print centres while he's away. He's got a female
running the new studio.

Where are these print centers and studio? Do they have a name and a
physical address? I think I can send some business your way from some
friends I know that live close by.

Post the address so they can give you the business.

You want to be careful someone doesn't give you the business mate.

--
My site is humble but it's a hobby thing, you know?
http://www.julianabbot.com