Bret Douglas Caught napping!

Old July 4th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
julian

Default Bret Douglas Caught napping!

http://www.ryadia.com/POD/July/02-07-07.htm

Oh my God! is this really you Bret?

JA

Old July 4th 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Doug Jewell

"Julian" wrote in message
ups.com...
http://www.ryadia.com/POD/July/02-07-07.htm

Oh my God! is this really you Bret?

So I'm assuming that since you posted the picture of this bloke on the
internet, referred to the subject in a derogatory manner, and since the
face of the subject is clearly recognisable, that you have a model release
from the subject that permits you to use this photograph in this manner?
Since (supposedly) bridezilla was wanting to take legal action against all
and sundry over the photos posted of her, I'm guessing you were smart enough
to protect yourself when you posted photos of this bloke in a derogatory
manner. You were smart enough to do that right?

Old July 5th 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Scott W

Doug Jewell wrote:

"Julian" wrote in message
ups.com...
http://www.ryadia.com/POD/July/02-07-07.htm

Oh my God! is this really you Bret?

So I'm assuming that since you posted the picture of this bloke on the
internet, referred to the subject in a derogatory manner, and since the
face of the subject is clearly recognisable, that you have a model
release from the subject that permits you to use this photograph in this
manner?
Since (supposedly) bridezilla was wanting to take legal action against
all and sundry over the photos posted of her, I'm guessing you were
smart enough to protect yourself when you posted photos of this bloke in
a derogatory manner. You were smart enough to do that right?

Not to worry, that's a photo of Doug's attorney.

Scott
Old July 5th 07, 01:32 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
julian

On Jul 5, 8:53 am, "Doug Jewell" wrote:
"Julian" wrote in message

ups.com...http://www.ryadia.com/POD/July/02-07-07.htm

Oh my God! is this really you Bret?

So I'm assuming that since you posted the picture of this bloke on the
internet, referred to the subject in a derogatory manner, and since the
face of the subject is clearly recognisable, that you have a model release
from the subject that permits you to use this photograph in this manner?
Since (supposedly) bridezilla was wanting to take legal action against all
and sundry over the photos posted of her, I'm guessing you were smart enough
to protect yourself when you posted photos of this bloke in a derogatory
manner. You were smart enough to do that right?

Well Mr Smarty pants. It goes like this.

Copyright of the image = owner of the picture.
Fair use without reference to or permission from the copyright owner =
Satire and critical review.

Australian law does not give anyone any rights NOT to be photographed
in a public place -period!

How do you think the throng of photographer's chasing Nichole Kidman
around Sydney manage to have their "exclusive" pictures of her
published without her knowledge? The person in the picture was
performing in a public arena without any restrictions on photography
by the organizers. No model release is is required under such
conditions.

Bret Douglas and later the stalking idiot calling himself Mark Thomas
took clearly copyrighted images that had restricted use clauses in the
copyright notices on the site they took the pictures from and went
about using them to taunt and defame the Photographer. No fair use in
any of that. It was very clearly DEFAMATION and SLANDER. So clearly
that both Pbase and Yahoo's legal experts issued removal instructions
to avoid legal action.

Even the clown calling himself annika1980 had the common sense to
remove some copyright image from his site that he'd stolen from
someone else. Pbase also told him to remove an image he'd implanted
one Doug's stolen images into. Had he not done it, he would have had
his entire site removed and he'd have been black listed by them.

In the real world, business people conform to any and all legal
requirements that enable them to remain in business. Not a single
businessman, corporation or firm will tolerate the idiot behavior of
these two fool. The more they keep it up, the worse it is going to get
for them when the court cases are held. The soonest looks like being
Mark Thomas. He hasn't got a hope in hell of keeping his job or any
possessions when this all come to a court hearing.

Despite Bret Douglas trying to have the images of him, he claims
ownership of, (how you get to own a picture someone else took is
another thing altogether) removed from http://www.annika1980.com, The
lawyers at Godaddy decided they were within "Fair use" of the
copyright act and declined to remove them. It seems to me that you are
in full support of the thieving slanderer who stole Doug's images but
try and light up a case against me or Doug whenever you can. From
where I sit that makes you a person of little courage and no regard
for what is fair and what is not.

Is it just a coincidence those who support Bret Douglas are all
Americans? Great ethics and principals you lot have.

JA

Old July 5th 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
John McWilliams

Julian wrote:

Is it just a coincidence those who support Bret Douglas are all
Americans? Great ethics and principals you lot have.

Who knows, and who cares? I don't support any of you now.

Will you stfu, please, kind sir. All of you.

--
lsmft

Old July 5th 07, 02:22 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Jul 4, 8:32 pm, Julian wrote:

Despite Bret Douglas trying to have the images of him, he claims
ownership of, (how you get to own a picture someone else took is
another thing altogether) removed fromhttp://www.annika1980.com,

Once again, you ignorant psychotic ****, I'll explain this to ya.
You have no idea who is the rightful owner of those photos of me on
your site that you stole.
What we all can agree on, however, is that you sure don't own
copyright on them. So, you thieving sack of ****, why are they still
up on your site?

Old July 5th 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Jul 4, 8:32 pm, Julian wrote:

Is it just a coincidence those who support Bret Douglas are all
Americans? Great ethics and principals you lot have.

Not true.
What is true, however, is that all those who support you are .....
YOU!

Old July 5th 07, 02:27 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Jul 4, 6:21 pm, Julian wrote:
http://www.ryadia.com/POD/July/02-07-07.htm

Oh my God! is this really you Bret?

I note that your stupid post and round of attacks followed my posting
of some photos I took earlier today. Your jealousy is showing again,
D-Mac. It must be tough knowing that I got more talent running down
my buttcrack than you have in your whole ****ty body.
Now show us another great purple postcard pic, you pathetic loser!

Sucks to be you, D-Mac.

Old July 5th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
John McWilliams

Annika1980 wrote:

Bret-

Could you stfu?

--
lsmft
Old July 5th 07, 04:17 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Jul 4, 10:11 pm, John McWilliams wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:

Bret-

Could you stfu?

Could you bite my crank?
It seems like every other post is from you admonishing someone to
ignore it all. So why don't you?