Canon A620 or Fuji F11?

Old February 8th 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Canon A620 or Fuji F11?

I looked up this subject on this newsgroup but the messages are no longer
held so I have to ask again
I am interested in views
Blair

Old February 8th 06, 08:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Canon A620 of course.

Old February 8th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

wrote in message
oups.com...
Canon A620 of course.

I should have explained that I have a Fuji 4900Z which I use frequently but
wanted a small pocket camera which I could carry on more occasions than my
4900 and was particularly impressed with the F11 low light capability
Blair

Old February 8th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Blair wrote:
I looked up this subject on this newsgroup but the messages are no longer
held so I have to ask again
I am interested in views
Blair

If overall image quality is important to you, you can compare images
between cameras at http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM.
Hope this helps in your world.

Old February 8th 06, 08:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Blair wrote:
I looked up this subject on this newsgroup but the messages are no longer
held so I have to ask again
I am interested in views

Hi Blair

Check this.
http://www.photographyblog.com/revie...inepix_f11.php
And here for people who actually use the F11.
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1012

Sel ......
--
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/%7Eselorme/photos.html
Old February 8th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Blair wrote:
I looked up this subject on this newsgroup but the messages are no longer
held so I have to ask again
I am interested in views
Blair

I'd definitely avoid the F11 due to the lack of an optical viewfinder.
That's a no-compromise requirement.

Other drawbacks of the F11 versus the A620 are the shorter zoom, the
poorer macro mode, the lack of ability to use add-on lenses, the lack of
an orientation sensor, and the type of storage (xD). The only advantage
I can see is the Li-Ion battery on the F11, and the larger LCD (but the
LCD is fixed, unlike the A620).
Old February 8th 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

SMS wrote:

Blair wrote:

I looked up this subject on this newsgroup but the messages are no longer
held so I have to ask again
I am interested in views
Blair

I'd definitely avoid the F11 due to the lack of an optical viewfinder.
That's a no-compromise requirement.

Other drawbacks of the F11 versus the A620 are the shorter zoom, the
poorer macro mode, the lack of ability to use add-on lenses, the lack of
an orientation sensor, and the type of storage (xD). The only advantage
I can see is the Li-Ion battery on the F11, and the larger LCD (but the
LCD is fixed, unlike the A620).

If the F11 is anything like hte F10 it will be significantly superior in terms
of image quality. Nothing is more importatnt IMHO.

--
Ben Thomas, Melbourne, Australia

"Red Bull tastes like canned carbonated concentrated evil."

Old February 9th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Ben Thomas wrote:

SMS wrote:

Blair wrote:

I looked up this subject on this newsgroup but the messages are no
longer
held so I have to ask again
I am interested in views
Blair

I'd definitely avoid the F11 due to the lack of an optical viewfinder.
That's a no-compromise requirement.

Other drawbacks of the F11 versus the A620 are the shorter zoom, the
poorer macro mode, the lack of ability to use add-on lenses, the lack
of an orientation sensor, and the type of storage (xD). The only
advantage I can see is the Li-Ion battery on the F11, and the larger
LCD (but the LCD is fixed, unlike the A620).

If the F11 is anything like hte F10 it will be significantly superior in
terms of image quality. Nothing is more importatnt IMHO.

Yes and Blair should also look at the fuji E900.

Old February 9th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Ben Thomas wrote:
SMS wrote:

Blair wrote:

I looked up this subject on this newsgroup but the messages are no
longer
held so I have to ask again
I am interested in views
Blair

I'd definitely avoid the F11 due to the lack of an optical viewfinder.
That's a no-compromise requirement.

Other drawbacks of the F11 versus the A620 are the shorter zoom, the
poorer macro mode, the lack of ability to use add-on lenses, the lack
of an orientation sensor, and the type of storage (xD). The only
advantage I can see is the Li-Ion battery on the F11, and the larger
LCD (but the LCD is fixed, unlike the A620).

If the F11 is anything like hte F10 it will be significantly superior in
terms of image quality. Nothing is more importatnt IMHO.

The F10 is not superior in image quality to the A620, except at higher
ISO speeds.

And BTW, there are things more important than image quality, or we'd all
be buying Canon 1Ds Mark II SLRs.

Personally, I wouldn't buy the A620 because of the AA batteries, they
are such a pain in the butt that Li-Ion is a no compromise requirement
for me. But the A620 is cheap, like most cameras that use AA batteries.
Old February 9th 06, 12:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Blair wrote:
I looked up this subject on this newsgroup but the messages are no longer
held so I have to ask again

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.photo.digital?hl=en

BugBear