Compact Flash Memory Question

Old February 4th 06, 11:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Compact Flash Memory Question

For those of you who use Compact Flash Memory Cards, what brand, size and
speed do you use? Any particular brand you try to stay away from?

--

CoolAzzRob***

www.rollingbluethunder.com/
Rolling Blue Thunder Productions, Inc.
Still Doing What It Do!

Old February 5th 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Pictures wrote:
For those of you who use Compact Flash Memory Cards, what brand,
size and speed do you use? Any particular brand you try to stay away
from?

Most cameras do not take advantage of fast cards...but there are those that
do, like fast frames-per-second high-end DSLRs...but also many
point-and-shoot cameras that have high-res video modes. for example: I have
a little cheapie point-and-shoot which takes full VGA video at 30fps. It
needs a fast card.

Mark

Old February 5th 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

In article ,
"Pictures" wrote:

For those of you who use Compact Flash Memory Cards, what brand, size and
speed do you use? Any particular brand you try to stay away from?

Whatever's on sale, 1GB or larger. I have tried several brands and other
then speed and capacity, its six of one, half dozen of the other.
Old February 5th 06, 04:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

In article , Pictures
wrote:

For those of you who use Compact Flash Memory Cards, what brand, size and
speed do you use? Any particular brand you try to stay away from?

Lexar 16X 512MB - never had a problem.
Old February 5th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Just got a TwinMos Ultra-X 140X 2gb. Amazingly fast, & so far, reliable.

Most of my CF's are SanDisk Ultra II 1gb, Kingston Elite Pro 1gb. A PQ1
card has given me a bit of trouble, but remains useable.

--
Jimmy: Santee, CA / Lake Oswego, OR
Nikon D70, D200

Old February 8th 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

KM 5D is what I use
--

CoolAzzRob***

www.rollingbluethunder.com/
Rolling Blue Thunder Productions, Inc.
Still Doing What It Do!

"Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)" wrote in message
On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 18:12:58 -0500, in rec.photo.digital "Pictures"
wrote:

For those of you who use Compact Flash Memory Cards, what brand, size and
speed do you use? Any particular brand you try to stay away from?

Depends upon the camera you intend to use them in. No one size fits all
answer.
--
Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 )
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at

Old February 11th 06, 12:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

I haven't found that one brand is really any better than others but
Lexar is probably the cadallic. If you don't plan on downloading
directly from the camera (which isn't good anyway) make sure the card
reader to your computer or in your computer is compatible. Example,
Lexar makes cards that don't say "USB" enabled on the front. If they
don't, they won't be recogogized by some readers. Usually all the 6N1
readers will read any card. Some people would say stay away from the
microdrive type but I've had good luck with them. I was Nikon but now
Canon 20D.