dev time for dated tmax 400

Old July 3rd 04, 01:14 AM
Stefano Bramato

Default dev time for dated tmax 400

I losed my dev times for tmax 400 in 120 roll...
I know that there are slightly differences between old and new tmax
emulsions, and someone prefer old emulsions...

but

Please can someone help me for development times using id-11 or
Microphen (developers currently owned...) in small tanks?

OR Your experience?

Thanks for help me,
Stefano

PS: on digitaltruth i can read about 8' @20°C...
--
Non è bello cio che è bello figuriamoci cio che è brutto!
Old July 3rd 04, 01:21 AM
Stefano Bramato

I losed my dev times for tmax 400 in 120 roll...
I know that there are slightly differences between old and new tmax
emulsions, and someone prefer old emulsions...

oops!!
founded the file....

the file is now downloadable on my website at this address:
http://www.bramatobros.com/downloads...00_pre2002.pdf

but anyone can help me with microphen developer?

ciao,
Stefano

--
Non è bello cio che è bello figuriamoci cio che è brutto!
Old July 3rd 04, 05:18 AM
John

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 00:21:32 GMT, Stefano Bramato
wrote:

but anyone can help me with microphen developer?

EI ? Dilution ? Processing temp ?

EI400, 1:1, 70F 10minutes.

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer - http://www.darkroompro.com
Please remove the "_" when replying via email
Old July 3rd 04, 07:19 AM
Stefano Bramato

but anyone can help me with microphen developer?

EI ? Dilution ? Processing temp ?

EI400, 1:1, 70F 10minutes.

EI 400

thanks,
Stefano

--
Non è bello cio che è bello figuriamoci cio che è brutto!
Old July 4th 04, 04:32 AM
John

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 06:19:05 GMT, Stefano Bramato
wrote:

but anyone can help me with microphen developer?

EI ? Dilution ? Processing temp ?

EI400, 1:1, 70F 10minutes.

EI 400

That 10 minutes is for a diffusion head and printing on a
Galerie #2 FB.

Old July 4th 04, 09:21 AM
Stefano Bramato

That 10 minutes is for a diffusion head and printing on a
Galerie #2 FB.

hi John,
I developed the films.

So:
I shootes many subjects: but preferably architecturals and people in
the streest with slow speeds on my Tessar Rolleis.
5 120 rolls developed with microphen stock 8' @20°C are ok.
Full speed and more are gained. Some intentionally underexposed of -1
shoots are prefectly printable with only a slightly more contrast.
Generally rolls developed in Microphen soup are slightly more
contrast than ID-11 but excellent as new.
I think that it will be easy to print but I've to down the contrasts
in my condenser head.
I don't like so much tmax but this OLD rolls are excellent.
Tesar did the same very good job i suppose.

then:
5 120 rolls developed with id-11 diluted 1:1 @ 20°C, 10' 30"
wow!
I shooted some portraits. With my Planar Rollei.
wow.
Full greys tonal scale, mild contrasts, fine grain, slighlty more
acutance than usual. But this kind of negative is the best ot print
and work with it, because I suppose it's a good starting point -
Optimum density, no fog, no problems.
My condenser head will have an easy easy subject to shoot.

I should buy again more old dated (2001) tmax on my ebay pusher...

I will report my experience based on your suggestions.

Thanks!
Stefano

--
Non è bello cio che è bello figuriamoci cio che è brutto!
Old July 5th 04, 02:45 PM
John

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 08:21:58 GMT, Stefano Bramato
wrote:

hi John,
I developed the films.

So:
I shootes many subjects: but preferably architecturals and people in
the streest with slow speeds on my Tessar Rolleis.
5 120 rolls developed with microphen stock 8' @20°C are ok.

Glad to hear of your success though I must admit that 8 min. @
20C with stock solution seems a little long. 6.5 min. would be my
starting point for a condenser head.