query about picasa

Old October 30th 04, 01:36 AM
MB_

Default query about picasa

I have a problem with this program.

Say I have pictures in a folder, DIGITAL.

Ok, when I run Picasa, I would like it to automatically scan that folder so
that any pictures I put in there will show up. But it doesn't do that. I
check the box to scan it once and click OK. Then it will scan it, but it
doesn't retain that setting. Next time I run Picasa, it just has the old
pictures from DIGITAL. It doesn't scan the folder so again I have to set it
to do that. Isn't there some way it should retain those settings??

Mel

Old October 30th 04, 02:20 AM
Jer

MB_ wrote:

I have a problem with this program.

Say I have pictures in a folder, DIGITAL.

Ok, when I run Picasa, I would like it to automatically scan that folder so
that any pictures I put in there will show up. But it doesn't do that. I
check the box to scan it once and click OK. Then it will scan it, but it
doesn't retain that setting. Next time I run Picasa, it just has the old
pictures from DIGITAL. It doesn't scan the folder so again I have to set it
to do that. Isn't there some way it should retain those settings??

Mel

What does the "Tools | Picture Manager" pane have for selected options?

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

Old October 30th 04, 04:27 AM
MB_

Scan Once
Remove from Picasa
Watch for changes

I would like it to scan every time.

I guess I can try the watch for changes.

Mel

Old October 30th 04, 04:34 AM
MB_

I tried the last choice and that worked.

I guess the choices were not clear to me, but it makes sense now.

Thanks for the hint.

Mel

Old October 30th 04, 02:04 PM
Jer

MB_ wrote:
I tried the last choice and that worked.

I guess the choices were not clear to me, but it makes sense now.

Thanks for the hint.

Mel

They first thought they could confuse me, then they thought they could
confuse you, but not both of us in the same week. Your query couldn't
have better timing, I had the same question only a day or two ago.

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'
Old October 30th 04, 05:03 PM
Jack

"MB_" wrote in
:

I have a problem with this program.

Say I have pictures in a folder, DIGITAL.

Ok, when I run Picasa, I would like it to automatically scan that
folder so that any pictures I put in there will show up. "snip"

You have to set it for "watch" which puts a little eye in front of the file
name.
Jack