My most used camera: Nikon Df

Old September 26th 17, 11:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default My most used camera: Nikon Df

I liked this camera when it was first announced, and it is my most used
camera right now. It's small and lightweight and have a really great manual
feel to it. My Sony A7R II is my second-used camera and my D800E is mostly
collecting dust these days. I've sold my Nikon D4.

I usually shoot raw with the Df, but I've set up a few profiles for B/W and a
"faded" look. The picture settings are pretty limited, though.

The most common lens on it is the manual Nikkor 50mm f1.2, which is really
small and has great bokeh. I've fitted it with a K3 focusing screen which
helps a lot with manual lenses, even though I am glancing towards the
focusing indicator more often than not even so.

It "only" shoots at 16MP which is perfect for me most of the time. If I
wanted to shoot landscape or portrait I'd go to my other cameras, which is
why I keep them around. But if I want to grab a camera along when we're just
going somewhere, it's the Df.

I really like this camera!

--
Sandman
Old September 27th 17, 02:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 9/26/2017 6:21 PM, Sandman wrote:
[...]

Good. Hopefully we should all like what we are using. Otherwise a lot of
pleasure and money would be lost.

--
PeterN
Old September 27th 17, 05:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Sandman wrote:

[...]

The best camera is the one you have with you! And the DF is cute...
Resembles me of the original FM that I fooled around with in a store
back in the day... It had air holes under that multi exposure level, its
main atraction so I returned it to the salesperson on the other side of
the counter... Nikon has never been that close again to close a deal
with me! :-))
--
teleportation kills
Old September 28th 17, 05:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
RichA wrote:

On Wednesday, 27 September 2017 00:38:07 UTC-4, android wrote:
In article ,
Sandman wrote:

[...]

Welcome to rec.photo.digil's "Bromide Theatre!"

http://hair-wine.site/what-will-help-make-hair-grow-faster.htm
--
teleportation kills
Old September 28th 17, 06:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Noons

On 27/09/2017 8:21 @wiz, Sandman wrote:
I liked this camera when it was first announced, and it is my most used
camera right now. It's small and lightweight and have a really great manual
feel to it. My Sony A7R II is my second-used camera and my D800E is mostly
collecting dust these days. I've sold my Nikon D4.

I usually shoot raw with the Df, but I've set up a few profiles for B/W and a
"faded" look. The picture settings are pretty limited, though.

If Nikon ever upgraded it to the same AF and metering plus low-light
capability of the D810 or even the D850 and some basic HD video, I might
consider going back to their camp. As is, nup! My m4/3 EM5M2 does
everything I need. Starting salivating to a EM1M2, though...

Old September 28th 17, 06:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Sep 27, 2017, android wrote
(in ):

Sandman wrote:

[...]

Try wrapping your head with fresh kelp. They say that regular dipping in
herring brine can also work miracles.

Savageduck