Google photo sharing

Old September 22nd 17, 02:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Carlos E.R.

Default Google photo sharing

On 2017-09-21 06:43, The Real Bev wrote:
Does anybody know how to share the entire site with someone without
giving them your email password?* It used to be easy when it was picasa,
but now it seems like you can only do it on a temporary per-album basis
by emailing someone a shortened URL.* I'd even be happy to make most of
the albums public, but that seems impossible under any circumstances.

You certainly don't have to send your email password to anybody.

You can share a directory (Album), to everybody, or to some named people
(they have to be Google+ users, else there is no control).

And you can post the Album on Google+, which effectively publishes it.

--
Cheers, Carlos.
Old September 24th 17, 06:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

The Real Bev:
I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps google is LESS wonderful than I had
originally thought :-)

No kidding! Tried Flickr?

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old September 25th 17, 01:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , The Real Bev
wrote:

The Real Bev:
I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps google is LESS wonderful than I had
originally thought :-)

No kidding! Tried Flickr?

Yes, but moving thousands of photos from one site to another (or
uploading them from my computer, which contains photos more photos than
I uploaded and must therefore be done on an individual basis) is more
than I'm willing to tolerate.

were you planning on manually moving each photo one by one?

batch upload and let it do its thing overnight.

Google gave us something nice and then took it away and crippled the
replacement.

nonsense. they greatly improved its replacement.

This also happened with their takeover of dejanews. The
stuff may be there, but the search capability is much less than it was
with either dejanews or the original google.

nonsense.

Those are the things that
mean(t) a lot to me. Other losses are less noticeable and I don't feel
like working to dredge them up :-(

no need, when there are computers to do the work for you.
Old September 25th 17, 03:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , The Real Bev
wrote:

The Real Bev:
I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps google is LESS wonderful than I had
originally thought :-)

No kidding! Tried Flickr?

Yes, but moving thousands of photos from one site to another (or
uploading them from my computer, which contains photos more photos than
I uploaded and must therefore be done on an individual basis) is more
than I'm willing to tolerate.

were you planning on manually moving each photo one by one?

batch upload and let it do its thing overnight.

No. I don't want to upload all my photos. The edited ones are ALL in
the same subdirectory, sorted by filename (date taken).

i didn't say to upload all photos.

choose the ones you want, such as the edited ones in that folder, then
batch upload them. couple of clicks to start the process, then go do
something else while it uploads. overnight should be more than enough
time.

All the
organization happens on line, but Picasa will do a certain amount of
organizing -- show only pix with people, etc.

then use that to select the desired photos to upload.

"Automatic" isn't good enough.

it can be when used properly.

the computer is there to do work *for* you.

Google gave us something nice and then took it away and crippled the
replacement.

nonsense. they greatly improved its replacement.

Only for the stupid.

nonsense.
Old September 25th 17, 07:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Carlos E.R.

On 2017-09-21 06:43, The Real Bev wrote:
Does anybody know how to share the entire site with someone without
giving them your email password?* It used to be easy when it was picasa,
but now it seems like you can only do it on a temporary per-album basis
by emailing someone a shortened URL.* I'd even be happy to make most of
the albums public, but that seems impossible under any circumstances.

You certainly don't have to send your email password to anybody.

You can share a directory (Album), to everybody, or to some named people
(they have to be Google+ users, else there is no control).

And you can post the Album on Google+, which effectively publishes it.

That means something like 50 separate entries.* NOOOOOO!

50 entries? You mean 50 albums, or 50 people?
If it is people, just add them to a group, and share to the group.

I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps google is LESS wonderful than I had
originally thought :-)

Well, it has its uses, but is not for everybody :-)

--
Cheers, Carlos.
Old September 25th 17, 08:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

https://duckduckgo.com/
--
teleportation kills
Old September 26th 17, 04:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , The Real Bev
wrote:

[...]

Google stopped allowing uploading from my linux computer years ago --
you have to go to the website and suck stuff up from there. A nuisance
at best.

then your linux computer is broken, because other linux computers can
upload to google just fine.

furthermore the issue is not uploading to google, but rather uploading
to flickr, and a quick search shows numerous batch upload utilities for
linux.
Old September 29th 17, 04:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Russell D.[_4_]

On 9/24/2017 6:41 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , The Real Bev
wrote:

The Real Bev:
I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps google is LESS wonderful than I had
originally thought :-)

No kidding! Tried Flickr?

Yes, but moving thousands of photos from one site to another (or
uploading them from my computer, which contains photos more photos than
I uploaded and must therefore be done on an individual basis) is more
than I'm willing to tolerate.

were you planning on manually moving each photo one by one?

batch upload and let it do its thing overnight.

Google gave us something nice and then took it away and crippled the
replacement.

nonsense. they greatly improved its replacement.

Nonsense. Picasa was far superior to Google Pictures.

Old September 29th 17, 04:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Russell D.
wrote:

Google gave us something nice and then took it away and crippled the
replacement.

nonsense. they greatly improved its replacement.

Nonsense. Picasa was far superior to Google Pictures.

nonsense.

google photos does *so* much more than picasa ever did.
Old September 30th 17, 02:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , The Real Bev
wrote:

Google gave us something nice and then took it away and crippled the
replacement.

nonsense. they greatly improved its replacement.

Nonsense. Picasa was far superior to Google Pictures.

nonsense.

google photos does *so* much more than picasa ever did.

None of which we actually want done.

hundreds of millions of people disagree.

google photos is vastly more popular than picasa ever was.