March Against Gun Violence Photographs

Old July 20th 13, 02:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

Default March Against Gun Violence Photographs

On 7/18/13 8:29 PM, in article
, "RichA"
wrote:

On Thursday, July 18, 2013 4:55:31 PM UTC-4, Tony Cooper wrote:
Yesterday, my camera and I attended a March Against Gun Violence rally

in Orlando. It was a very peaceful, almost social, crowd with only

one minor incident when a supporter of George Zimmerman showed up.

Some in the crowd jostled him (the white man in the white shirt) and

tried to take away his signs and burn them. Others in the crowd

pulled off the rowdy ones.

Some photographers were better equipped than I was. Like this:

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Other/...i-9Z8CBrc/0/XL
/2017-07-17-12-XL.jpg

The full series is at:

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Other/March-Against-Gun-Violence/30608762_t532X

Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

So it's ok that blacks shoot what, 5000, 6000 blacks per year in inner cities
but they fly off the handle when some out of the blue incident happens? They
should be holding marches against violence every DAY if there was any
consistency.

Rich, I am soooo in agreement with you that it is scary!

When our idiot POTUS virtually putting a cross-hairs on a guy for defending
himself from a violent drug-filled thug with an action defending himself
because he knew that he was going to die if he did not respond, I felt that
my Country has become overtaken by Left-Wing extremists. These idiots, along
with their minions, are not going to stop until they disarm the populace, in
name of "protection".

Maybe O-Bummer might have been one of the hundreds of black children killed
by Chicago thugs since the start of the trial in his dumb-assed words that
he spoke today about it might have been HIM when he was a teen, 35 years
ago?

Right now, protest marches are continuing in my city by self-righteous so
called "black leaders", AKA: Poverty Pimp Race-Baiters. They call themselves
"Community Activists" (ring a bell?) who make a living from inciting
violence. Included among them this week was the blockage of a major freeway
near one of the largest medical centers in the world, resulting in
ambulances running hot with patients being forced off the road and private
vehicles carrying relatives with life threatening conditions being stopped
from getting to ER facilities, only because some people felt "offended".

Enough is enough. Zimmerman may have been a fool acting like an unlicensed
"rentacop", but it did not mean that he was guilty of a homicide, or any
criminal act, other than having extremely bad judgment. A JURY found that to
be true. SO BE IT!

All of these demonstrations about "No Guns" is nothing but a bunch of
LibTard moonbats that want the Government to run their lives from cradle to
casket and live for a 'perfect' world-which will NEVER exist, so long as
humans run it!

My .02 - Let's all get back to photography, OK?

Old July 20th 13, 05:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 20:01:48 -0500, George Kerby
wrote:
: On 7/18/13 8:29 PM, in article
: , "RichA"
: wrote:
:
[...]
: G
:
: --
:
: Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
:
[...]

Fine by me. When you talk about photography, you make sense. When you talk
about politics, you sound like a crackpot. (Not that I disagree with
everything you said above; some of it is right on. But the rest of it is
crap.)

Bob
Old July 20th 13, 05:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 7/20/13 11:32 AM, in article ,
"Robert Coe" wrote:

On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 20:01:48 -0500, George Kerby
wrote:
: On 7/18/13 8:29 PM, in article
:
, "RichA"
: wrote:
:
[...]

And I could say the same for you, Bob. Different strokes for different
folks, as they say. We all have opinions, and some are more vocal than
others, to which I plead guilty.

Old July 20th 13, 11:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 7/20/13 4:44 PM, in article ,
"Tony Cooper" wrote:

On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 11:43:46 -0500, George Kerby
wrote:

: When our idiot POTUS virtually putting a cross-hairs on a guy for
defending
: himself from a violent drug-filled thug

Why, to make your point, do you feel it is necessary to completely
misrepresent the situation? Martin was not "drug-filled" nor was he
acting like a thug.

At the time of the incident, Martin was walking in an area where he
had a right to be (although Zimmerman did not know this) with a box of
Skittles and a soda pop. Which is the drug?

So you believe that someone who goes by "No Limit Nigga" and suspended from
school because he was in possession of several pieces of stolen jewelry as
well as a burgulary tool to be the "Innocent Child" that the media wants you
to believe? The retouched photograph is too much to take, BTW. As far as I
am concerned, THC is a material that most consider a mind-altering drug, if
you do not. But maybe you are among those that don't consider 'mary jane' a
"drug", Tony?

Oh, and just in case you don't get the news about current events in your
State, I just 'Googled' it for you...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/trayv...ghting-drug-us
e-19249306

No - thank YOU!

Old July 21st 13, 01:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
J. Clarke[_2_]

In article ,
says...

On 7/20/13 4:44 PM, in article
,

wrote:

[...]

Look, I've never voted for a Democrat in my life, but Zimmerman still
overstepped. He wasn't a cop, it wasn't his job to accost people on the
street and start interrogating them, he was being an officious busybody
and he almost got what he deserved for doing so.

If you think that being a pothead should be a capital crime, you are the
one with the problem.

Old July 21st 13, 02:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 7/20/2013 8:58 PM, RichA wrote:

snip

He had marijuana in his system, he flattened a guy's nose, he pounded the guy's head on the pavement. Now, if ANYONE with a gun wouldn't shoot under those circumstances, Darwin took care of them a long time ago.

And what provoked him? If you tried to stop me from going peacefully
about my business, Imight do the same to you, under proper circumstances.

--
PeterN
Old July 21st 13, 02:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-07-20 18:36:09 -0700, PeterN said:

On 7/20/2013 8:58 PM, RichA wrote:

snip

He had marijuana in his system, he flattened a guy's nose, he pounded
the guy's head on the pavement. Now, if ANYONE with a gun wouldn't
shoot under those circumstances, Darwin took care of them a long time
ago.

And what provoked him? If you tried to stop me from going peacefully
about my business, Imight do the same to you, under proper
circumstances.

Why would Martin have waived his right to self defense, or under
Florida Law, to stand his ground, marijuana or not? Any normal
individual would seriously consider their self defense options if he
believed he was being stalked by a creep who had not made any statement
of his authority to accost him. Which if Zimmerman had, might have
resulted in a reasonable explanation being delivered and no shots
fired. The incident was entirely of Zimmerman's making.
....but Martin isn't around to tell his side of the story.

Savageduck

Old July 21st 13, 03:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 7/20/2013 9:48 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On 2013-07-20 18:36:09 -0700, PeterN said:

[...]

My point exactly

--
PeterN
Old July 21st 13, 04:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 7/20/13 7:37 PM, in article ,
"J. Clarke" wrote:

In article ,
says...

On 7/20/13 4:44 PM, in article
,

wrote:

[...]

Hell, Zimmerman is a Democrat. However, that has NOTHING to do with a trial
and verdict. My issue here is with what the damned media has done to turn
the collective view of the average American against a guy who wanted to help
the neighborhood. True, that he was not a law enforcement officer and should
have NOT been doing more than observation. However, that does NOT make it OK
for a street punk to beat him to death because Zimmerman approached him. He
did what ANYONE would do when overcome by a drug-influenced athlete who was
pounding his head into the concrete. He was found NOT GUILTY and it should
rest as that. PERIOD!!!

Old July 21st 13, 04:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 7/20/13 9:18 PM, in article ,
"Tony Cooper" wrote:

On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 17:59:29 -0500, George Kerby
wrote:

On 7/20/13 4:44 PM, in article
,

wrote:

[...]

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/trayv...hting-drug-use
-19249306

No - thank YOU!

It doesn't make any difference what Travon may or may not have done in
the past or what he intended to do the in future. He was not, as you
said, "drug-filled" at the time Zimmerman shot him.

Nice strawman. As I figured.