Abstract beauty on nature

Old July 17th 07, 10:24 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
julian

Default Abstract beauty on nature

http://www.ryadia.com/POD/July/16-07-07.htm

Old July 18th 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Willarojo

Julian vehemently accused in
oups.com:

http://www.ryadia.com/POD/July/16-07-07.htm

Is this like "Where's Waldo?" where we try to find the one leaf
that's in focus? Wait, I see it! Nope, nope, it's just a kite
crashing in the BG.

OIC, you shot it OOF to show me what you think my pics all look
like. Very good demonstration

Willa
--
http://www.pbase.com/willarojo

“I came into this world, not chiefly to make this a good place to
live in, but to live in it, be it good or bad.”
Thoreau, Civil Disobedience

“We are in great haste to construct a magnetic telegraph line from
Maine to Texas; but Maine and Texas, it may be, have nothing
important to communicate.”
Thoreau, Walden
******
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusional_disorder

Old July 18th 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
..

"Willarojo" wrote in message
6.120...
Julian vehemently accused in
oups.com:

http://www.ryadia.com/POD/July/16-07-07.htm

Is this like "Where's Waldo?" where we try to find the one leaf
that's in focus? Wait, I see it! Nope, nope, it's just a kite
crashing in the BG.

OIC, you shot it OOF to show me what you think my pics all look
like. Very good demonstration

Willa

Be serious Willa. YOUR pictures are out of focus and if you think mine are,
you really do need glasses.

Old July 18th 07, 11:20 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Jul 17, 7:24 pm, Julian wrote:
http://www.ryadia.com/POD/July/16-07-07.htm

Seeing no-one else is commenting, maybe I can help..

There was probably an interesting image here, but you didn't quite
find it. Nice try, but the main problems a

1. Hard, unpleasant looking light.
The good photographer is always looking for interesting light, and
should be patient and resolve to return at a better time if the light
isn't working. It isn't working here. I'll lay a sizable wager that
this spot could look quite magical in the early or late sun. Why not

2. Composition (centred and cluttered).
Central compositions *can* work, but not here. This image has no
focal point and it feels unbalanced. There are way too many competing
textures and none are particularly interesting, except maybe the
swirling lines on the lower trunk. The eye is (sort of) drawn towards
the centre, but there is nothing there but unpleasant leaf clutter,
made to look worse by poor sharpening technique. (Yes, it's only a
small picture, but a good 'tradesman' will spend the time necessary to
get optimum sharpness *whatever* the size.) Once again, it is all
about attention to detail.

Here's a couple of shots to make you think about how you could do
better:

http://www.marktphoto.com/portfolio/...lypt_dream.htm

http://www.marktphoto.com/landscape/.../bushtrack.htm

Dunno who shot them, but he seems to have the idea... (O; Although it
has to be said that in the second one, he should have returned a
little later in the day to get more of the golden light effect, and it
would have been improved if there was either more, or no, flare, imo.

I am most interested in other comments on Douglas' image, and whether
my review is too harsh.

(Julian = Douglas MacDonald)

Old July 19th 07, 11:11 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Jul 18, 12:08 pm, ".." wrote:
(more crap from the latest Douglas MacDonald sockpuppet)

Anyway, what do you get when you combine an uninteresting scene in
harsh light, poor sharpening and a centred composition that contains
too many elements?