FZ20 v S1 IS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 27th 04, 09:49 AM
Kilroy_Woz_ere

Default FZ20 v S1 IS

I've narrowed my choice down to either Panasonic FZ20 or Canon S1 IS. Price
is a factor but better night time, floodlit football photography would swing
the decision as would decent movie capture under the same conditions. It's
main use would be at football so 90+ minutes of battery life is essential
taking approx 100 photos and 20 movies.

As far as I'm aware (correct me if I'm wrong), both have aperture & shutter
pririoty control manual control and decent ultra-zoom lenses. I've read many
reviews on both but not being camera-literate, the more I read the harder
the decision gets.

In my pure amateur mind, the benefits I see for each a

FZ20 - decent resolution, better zoom, decent lense, li-ion battery and it
uses SD cards which I already have for my pocket pc - otherwise it would put
it out of my budget.
S1 IS - silent zoom, zoom while recording movie. What I don't like are the
AA batteries and not being able to use my existing SD cards.

It's not an easy choice, at today's online prices the S1 even having to buy
decent rechargeables and CF card comes in quite a bit cheaper than the FZ20
which appears to be on back order anywhere selling it at a decent price
(GBP330-340).

Be gentle, I'm an amateur but I need help deciding!

Kilry aka Brian