THE GREATEST GIFT !

Old September 19th 07, 04:56 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Annika1980

Default THE GREATEST GIFT !

Well, sports fans, the day has arrived! Later today I expect a visit
from my favorite FEDEX delivery person. In the package will be my new
toy.
So without further ado, it is with great excitement and anticipation
that I announce the arrival of my new little friend ...... THE FABULOUS
40D !!!
That's right .... 10.1 Megapixels of dust-free, high-ISO, low-noise,
fast-shootin mayhem!

Now some of you might be asking, "Why didn't you splurge and get the
1DsMKIII?"
Or, "You shoulda sold the new car!"
Well this is the best part about the whole deal. A 1Ds3 would set me
back about $8 Large. I ain't got $8 Large. Truth be told, I don't
even have the $1.3 Large that the 40D costs. But what I do have is a
very good friend who watches over me like an angel. (No Kramer, it
ain't D-Mac!)
You may have read some of my friend's posts here online.
(No, it ain't Rita, either.)

My angel is named "Helen."

You see, sports fans, Helen has been kind enough to buy the 40D for
me. I didn't ask her to do it. I didn't even beg her. Helen did it
just because she knew it would make me happy. That's how she rolls.
She does things like this because she is a kind and giving person.
Contrast that with most of you *******s who only give me grief. I've
met a lot of folks online in the past 13 years, some good, some not so
good. But I've never met anyone who has shown the generosity that
Helen has toward me. And for that I am forever in her debt (aw crap,
back in debt again!).

Just to set the record straight I'll let you guys in on another little
secret. When I had my Totally Digital D60 converted to Infrared it
was Helen who paid for the conversion. So if any of my IR pics have
made you smile, thank Helen. And she probably doesn't want me to
mention this, but Helen also helped me out financially when my dog,
Buster, needed knee surgery. Thanks to Helen, he's back to full
strength.

And as Paul Harvey would say, "Now you know the rest of the story."

So try to cut Helen some slack when she fawns gushingly over my
photos.
She has earned the right to say whatever she wants about me or my
work.

Thank you, Helen. You are a real true friend.

-bret

Old September 19th 07, 05:08 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Troy Piggins[_5_]

* Annika1980 is quoted & my replies are inline below :
Well, sports fans, the day has arrived! Later today I expect a
visit from my favorite FEDEX delivery person. In the package
will be my new toy. So without further ado, it is with great
excitement and anticipation that I announce the arrival of my
new little friend ... THE FABULOUS 40D !!!

[snip]
But what I do have is a very good friend who watches over me
like an angel. (No Kramer, it ain't D-Mac!) You may have read
some of my friend's posts here online. (No, it ain't Rita,
either.)

My angel is named "Helen."

You see, sports fans, Helen has been kind enough to buy the 40D
for me. I didn't ask her to do it. I didn't even beg her.
Helen did it just because she knew it would make me happy.
That's how she rolls. She does things like this because she is
a kind and giving person. Contrast that with most of you
*******s who only give me grief. I've met a lot of folks
online in the past 13 years, some good, some not so good. But
I've never met anyone who has shown the generosity that Helen
has toward me. And for that I am forever in her debt (aw crap,
back in debt again!).

Helen - I'm touched by your generosity. I'm so glad you aren't
discouraged by the crap you receive whenever you enthusiastically
praise someone. You are a true humanitarian.

Just to set the record straight I'll let you guys in on another
little secret. When I had my Totally Digital D60 converted to
Infrared it was Helen who paid for the conversion. So if any
of my IR pics have made you smile, thank Helen. And she
probably doesn't want me to mention this, but Helen also helped
me out financially when my dog, Buster, needed knee surgery.
Thanks to Helen, he's back to full strength.

Ok, now she's getting raised to "Angel" status.

And as Paul Harvey would say, "Now you know the rest of the
story."

So try to cut Helen some slack when she fawns gushingly over my
photos. She has earned the right to say whatever she wants
about me or my work.

Thank you, Helen. You are a real true friend.

Indeed. The world could do with more people like her.

Unfortunately this revelation will also drag along some negative
comments.

--
Troy Piggins
Old September 19th 07, 05:29 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
George Anderson

Congrats big time Bret!
Count your blessings and make sure you dedicate your first coffee table
book to Helen.

Helen: Hope you have your spam filter fine tuned because you are about
to get bombarded with offers of marriage and/or great sex in exchange
for photo gear. :^)

George

Old September 19th 07, 06:16 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Atheist Chaplain[_2_]

"Troy Piggins" wrote in message
[...]

I wholeheartedly agree, If I could reach that Far Helen, I would pat you on
the back.

Just to set the record straight I'll let you guys in on another
little secret. When I had my Totally Digital D60 converted to
Infrared it was Helen who paid for the conversion. So if any
of my IR pics have made you smile, thank Helen. And she
probably doesn't want me to mention this, but Helen also helped
me out financially when my dog, Buster, needed knee surgery.
Thanks to Helen, he's back to full strength.

Ok, now she's getting raised to "Angel" status.

Ditto

And as Paul Harvey would say, "Now you know the rest of the
story."

So try to cut Helen some slack when she fawns gushingly over my
photos. She has earned the right to say whatever she wants
about me or my work.

Thank you, Helen. You are a real true friend.

Indeed. The world could do with more people like her.

Ditto

Unfortunately this revelation will also drag along some negative
comments.

Only a complete tosser would dare to make such comments..........
--
Troy Piggins

Don Hirschberg

Old September 19th 07, 11:50 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
[email protected]

On Sep 19, 6:15 am, Rita Ä Berkowitz ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
Well, sports fans, the day has arrived! Later today I expect a visit
from my favorite FEDEX delivery person. In the package will be my new
toy.
So without further ado, it is with great excitement and anticipation
that I announce the arrival of my new little friend ...... THE
FABULOUS 40D !!!
That's right .... 10.1 Megapixels of dust-free, high-ISO, low-noise,
fast-shootin mayhem!

Congratulations, Bret. And thanks Helen for getting him such a great gift.
We all really love Bret and I'm glad somebody in the group was nice enough
to show their appreciation for all the years of pics and fun Bret gave us.

Rita

Thanks Rita, Troy, Atheist Chaplain and George for your kind and
encouraging words. I truly appreciate it.
Helen

Old September 19th 07, 12:27 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
[email protected]

Annika1980 wrote:
Well, sports fans, the day has arrived! Later today I expect a visit
from my favorite FEDEX delivery person. In the package will be my new
toy.
So without further ado, it is with great excitement and anticipation
that I announce the arrival of my new little friend ...... THE
FABULOUS 40D !!!
That's right .... 10.1 Megapixels of dust-free, high-ISO, low-noise,
fast-shootin mayhem!

Congratulations, Bret. And thanks Helen for getting him such a great gift.
We all really love Bret and I'm glad somebody in the group was nice enough
to show their appreciation for all the years of pics and fun Bret gave us.

Rita

Thanks Rita, Troy, Atheist Chaplain and George for your kind and
encouraging words. I truly appreciate it.

Helen,

You are too sweet for words.

Tony- Hide quoted text -

Thank you very much Tony.

Old September 19th 07, 01:18 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Annika1980

Google Groups is only showing random posts right now so I am reposting this
now for Helen. Hope this works.

Old September 19th 07, 01:22 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
[email protected]

On Sep 19, 8:18 am, "Annika1980" wrote:
[...]

I do see this and I thank YOU for touching my heart with such a
beautiful dedication. You are indeed a true friend. God Bless you
for giving me more pleasure than anyone ever could.
Helen