a portrait - Ellen DeGeneres (link fix)

Old April 23rd 10, 03:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Bill Graham

Default a portrait - Ellen DeGeneres (link fix)

"Chris Malcolm" wrote in message
In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Bill Graham wrote:
"Chris Malcolm" wrote in message
In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Bill Graham wrote:
"David Ruether" wrote in message
"Bill Graham" wrote in message

[ The usual stuff about "it's My money, dammit, and no one has
a right to ANY of it" excised...]

Yesterday I paid $18 for a 10 inch Pizza.....Eighteen F******
Dollars!!
don't know how old you are, but my dad only needed 100 grand for a
comfortable retirement.....I needed a million, and my grandchildren
will
need 10 million.....Doesn't that mean anything to you? How much will
you
need? and, How are you going to get it?

Gee, I live comfortably on a taxable income of $1700 a year (no, I
didn't
forget a comma and a zero...;-). I don't crave things I don't need,
and
I do prefer that some of "my" money be spent for the public good. BTW,
I do look around for good pizza, and here the best in town (on
sale...)
is a large (really...), thick one, made to order with "real"
ingredients
and
not made by one of the pizza chains, and it is $14 and it easily
satisfies
two
people for two meals each (with nothing else needed or wanted with
it...).
Quit bellyaching about how hard it is to live on what must be a
considerable
income with SS plus investment income from a million dollars, with no
money to spare for those blankitty-blank welfare slackers. Talk about
demonstration of what a "Grinch" is - you do seem to define it as
yourself
from your own writings here...
--DR

I don't believe your taxable income is only 1700 a year.....What are
you
doing with a computer is you make that little? But that's beside the
point.
Just because you saved so little, why do you think that everyone should
save
so little.

My taxable pension income isn't much bigger. But that's not because I
saved so little. I saved a lot more. But by the time I came to draw on
it a lot of it had turned by mysteriously legal processes into dust,
ashes, and bankers bonuses.

--
Chris Malcolm

Well, allow me to suggest that your democratic friends Barney Frank,
Chris
Dodd and a few others had something to do with that.....Certainly it
wasn't
us greedy Republicans....We never wanted to give home loans to those who
couldn't afford to pay them back.

You seem to be under the misapprehension that I'm a US citizen.

--
Chris Malcolm

Well, I am. So take it from me. It wasn't the republicans who wanted to give
home loans to people who couldn't afford to have them. It was the democrats,
and they have been getting their way for the last 20 or 30 years of so. They
still haven't learned their lesson....the housing bubble burst over a year
ago, and they still haven't done anything to fix the problem. they are just
spending money like water. Any idiot can tell you that when you are hurting
financially, the last thing you want to do is spend money. but the democrats
are worse than idiots.