Bewa Backdrop Outlet in Chicago

Old December 10th 04, 04:07 PM
Sandy

Default Bewa Backdrop Outlet in Chicago

Things haven't gotten better. Today is 12/10/04, and here is a short
version of my sad story.

I placed a phone order totaling $452.90. In 2 weeks I received 2 items
totaling $21.56. My credit card statement showed charges of $452.90,
and $11.44. I called 7 times to inquire about the second charge, and
kept getting "your rep will call you back." She never did. 6 weeks
later I received all but one item. Another charge of $149 was on my
card. I finally got in touch with my rep and she said the final total
she quoted on the phone was for in-stock items only. Also, the one
remaining item I hadn't received was discontinued. They cancelled my
order for it and gave me store credit. No refund!

Besides the poor customer service, and lies, I couldn't get an answer
to the question "if the phone quote was for in-stock items only, why
did it take 6 weeks for me to receive?"

The moral of the story is: "PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS RETAILER."
Thanks for reading.
~Sandy

Old December 11th 04, 05:11 PM
Jos. Burke

Absolutely use your credit card company to reverse charges as Bob G stated.
Thats a big advantage over cash!!!
You may be well suprised at how fast this gets resolved!!
Joseph Burke
"Bob G" wrote in message
Why don't you call your Credit Card company and dispute all the charges?
You're dealing with obvious thieves and your CC company will surely

reverse all
the charges.

Try it.

Bob G

Old December 12th 04, 05:15 AM
Jerry L

Whoa...!

Sorry to post another message. If you used the mail (as you obviously
did) to
send your payment, then contact your local US Postal Inspector (look in
the
phone book or ask your post office). When payment is made by mail
and goods
are not delivered as promised, the feds consider that to be mail fraud,
which
is a federal crime. Even creeps like "Abe's of Maine" and "Cambridge
Camera
Exchange" don't fool with the Postal Inspectors.

Here is a BUT

I've been after a joker for 60 days. Sent a postal money order
($295.00) for a camera body. The cost was a couple of bucks for a
photo copy (poor quality) of the cashed postal money order...necessary
to file a claim with the postal inspector's office.

The postal inspector's seem to have a wealth of form letters: they do
not seem to give a rat's a*s if you get ripped off or not.

The initial problem probably needs to go to the office in Chicago that
allows a business to have a license to operate. If you have a good
copy of your 'cashed' postal money order and file a written complaint,
action might go in your favor == get a refund would be the best choice.
= = =