Pinhole photography with polaroid paper

Old April 29th 04, 09:48 AM
Manu

Default Pinhole photography with polaroid paper

Hello,

I aim to make pinhole images whith polaroid paper (for instant
cameras, not peel- apart cameras with intermediate negative), with no
polaroid backs.
In dark room, I aim to extract one paper from its selling black box,
and fix it in my artisanal pinhole camera with some adhesive.

My problem is how to "develop" and fix the picture : What must be done
to start the integrated chemical reaction ? must I wet the picture,
compress it between rollers or something else ?

Thanks for your answer !

Manu.
Old April 29th 04, 06:27 PM
Gordon Moat

Manu wrote:

Hello,

I aim to make pinhole images whith polaroid paper (for instant
cameras, not peel- apart cameras with intermediate negative), with no
polaroid backs.

There are a few articles on the internet about people doing pinhole
images with various Polaroid cameras, or modified devices. Polaroid also
sells a pinhole camera that works with the peal apart pack films.

In dark room, I aim to extract one paper from its selling black box,
and fix it in my artisanal pinhole camera with some adhesive.

Sounds good, though be prepared to alter the distance to get the best
results.

My problem is how to "develop" and fix the picture : What must be done
to start the integrated chemical reaction ? must I wet the picture,
compress it between rollers or something else ?

The instant films, like the 600, and the Time Zero (SX-70) films, need to
go between rollers. There is a packet of chemicals at the bottom thicker
white edge of the film, and the rollers push that out and spread it
evenly over the film. This chemical is completely contained, unlike with
peal apart films. The iZone films are different, and more like the peal
apart films.

If you find an old non working instant camera, you could pull it apart to
get the rollers out of it. You might also want to try cutting it up to
get the mechanism out, and place that into your pinhole camera box. The
instant films contain a battery that powers the camera and mechanism.

Thanks for your answer !

Manu.

Sounds like a fun project. Please share some images (posted on internet)
when you get it working.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
A G Studio