I just love computer anomalies!

Old June 25th 20, 02:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default I just love computer anomalies!

In article ,
RichA wrote:

I went onto Ebay, no images showing up for products on my main system. No
problem with the other machines, tablet, laptop, phone. Just out of the
blue, no system changes done what so ever. So, it's possible a windows
update done automatically has "tweaked" something.

if there were 'no system changes done what so ever', then how could
have a mysterious windows update supposedly have 'tweaked' something?
Old June 25th 20, 11:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
RichA wrote:

I went onto Ebay, no images showing up for products on my main system. No
problem with the other machines, tablet, laptop, phone. Just out of the
blue, no system changes done what so ever. So, it's possible a windows
update done automatically has "tweaked" something.

if there were 'no system changes done what so ever', then how could
have a mysterious windows update supposedly have 'tweaked' something?

No intentional changes.

that's not what you said.

Whatever Windows does is what Windows does.

not entirely, but that's one reason why the alternatives are better.
Old July 1st 20, 02:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil[_9_]

On 6/30/2020 9:03 PM, RichA wrote:
On Thursday, 25 June 2020 06:39:16 UTC-4, nospam wrote:
In article ,
RichA wrote:

I went onto Ebay, no images showing up for products on my main system. No
problem with the other machines, tablet, laptop, phone. Just out of the
blue, no system changes done what so ever. So, it's possible a windows
update done automatically has "tweaked" something.

if there were 'no system changes done what so ever', then how could
have a mysterious windows update supposedly have 'tweaked' something?

No intentional changes.

that's not what you said.

Whatever Windows does is what Windows does.

not entirely, but that's one reason why the alternatives are better.

Fascinatingly, it seems to be an intermittent issue. If you look at an Ebay search result, some of the images down the left-hand side are visible, some not, sometimes not at all. Open a listing, image is not available. Or it might be. Put a listing up, all file uploads report on my side as "corrupted" but they go live nonetheless, because I can see them fine on another box. But if it is the box and not Ebay itself, how would the Ebay site know to report "file not available" or "file corrupted?"

eBay doesn't generate those "reports"...your computer does. Everything
you've described indicates a problem with your computer. If it was
Windows, many people would experience the same problem, yet you are
unique w/r/t that.

--
best regards,

Neil
Old July 1st 20, 05:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Jun 30, 2020, RichA wrote
(in ):

RichA wrote:

[...]

eBay seems to have some IT issues. A friend has been doing this for years,
and likes to print out the sale item history for his records because that
disappears from his account after something like 90 days. That broke a couple
of months ago - it never goes to the print dialogue, and just goes around in
circles. He talked to them recently, and they told him it could take a couple
of more months to fix it. Something is very wrong if they can’t fix
something that basic very quickly.