Features - digital

Old October 17th 03, 05:24 AM
R R

Default Features - digital

What feautures separate a very expensive digital movie camera to a
relatively affordable one? The
price differences are significant and I assume there are several reasons for
it.

Remo Rosati, author
DIVINE INTERVENTION
http://www.geocities.com/newnovelan
Available at over 50,000 bookstores

Old October 17th 03, 10:32 AM
Deathwalker

generally the a larger sensor (more megapixels). More manual overide
features. higher equivalent iso speed. An Af illuminator or a more
sensitive af sensor. A choice of metering modes. Image stabilisation. RAW
mode (unprocessed un compressed). Zoom range. Build quality.
.. .

Old October 17th 03, 11:44 AM
schwoon

what seperates a fiat panda from a porsche ?

the cheaper cameras do have cheap optics, use plastic for the cases of
the cameras. try to work with a cheap one.. menues that give you no
informations... and in the end bad photo results.

i would give you the tip to go to you local digital photo dealer an
make a comparison of you own. to my opinion you have to lay down about
300-400 Euro for a camera you can work with and have fun with.

best regards, jens schwoon

Old October 17th 03, 03:03 PM
Don Stauffer

Also, lens quality may be better.

Deathwalker wrote:

generally the a larger sensor (more megapixels). More manual overide
features. higher equivalent iso speed. An Af illuminator or a more
sensitive af sensor. A choice of metering modes. Image stabilisation. RAW
mode (unprocessed un compressed). Zoom range. Build quality.
.. .

--
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

webpage-
http://www.usfamily.net/web/stauffer
Old October 17th 03, 03:24 PM

In rec.photo.digital R R wrote:
What feautures separate a very expensive digital movie camera to a
relatively affordable one? The
price differences are significant and I assume there are several reasons for
it.

Typically, image quality and image size drive digital camera prices up the
most. Take a look at the reviews on http://www.dpreview.com and you can see
for yourself what differentiates expensive digital cameras from less expensive
models.
Old October 17th 03, 06:49 PM
Tony Spadaro

Old Remo is spamming again. He has no interest in anything but selling that
pathetic book of his so he crossposts blather to multiple newsgroups - in
this case all the photography groups but he will hit every movie newsgroup
and several other types of groups on a once a month basis. Killfile him
and/or go to Amazon and leave a bad review.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
"Deathwalker" wrote in message
generally the a larger sensor (more megapixels). More manual overide
features. higher equivalent iso speed. An Af illuminator or a more
sensitive af sensor. A choice of metering modes. Image stabilisation.

RAW
mode (unprocessed un compressed). Zoom range. Build quality.
"R R" wrote in message
.. .
What feautures separate a very expensive digital movie camera to a
relatively affordable one? The
price differences are significant and I assume there are several reasons

for
it.

Remo Rosati, ahole

Old October 20th 03, 12:16 PM
Tony Parkinson

"schwoon" wrote in message
what seperates a fiat panda from a porsche ?

Depending on the speed of impact, either a crowbar or the Fire Brigade's
cutting gear

--
Remember, Even A Kick In The Butt Is A Move Forwards