Why I dislike Canon

Old October 28th 09, 12:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rich[_6_]

Default Why I dislike Canon

Because they remind me of the old Intel. They've put out so many expensive
but flawed products, it's disgusting. There is NO excuse for their past
record and there is no way I'd buy a Canon and benefit them for releasing
flawed and apparently untested products.
Old October 28th 09, 02:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ray Fischer

Rich wrote:
Because they remind me of the old Intel.

No, because you're a bigoted asshole.

We all know that you prefer your own cheap crap and are just envious
of advanced cameras made by Canon and Nikon.

--
Ray Fischer

Old October 28th 09, 03:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 19:35:57 -0500, Rich wrote:
: Because they remind me of the old Intel. They've put out so many expensive
: but flawed products, it's disgusting. There is NO excuse for their past
: record and there is no way I'd buy a Canon and benefit them for releasing
: flawed and apparently untested products.

Please don't take this wrong, Rich, but most of us aren't sre you could tell a
Canon from that device with wheels and a long snout that fired iron balls at
the Union forces in the Peach Orchard.

Bob
Old October 28th 09, 06:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John McWilliams

Robert Coe wrote:
On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 19:35:57 -0500, Rich wrote:
: Because they remind me of the old Intel. They've put out so many expensive
: but flawed products, it's disgusting. There is NO excuse for their past
: record and there is no way I'd buy a Canon and benefit them for releasing
: flawed and apparently untested products.

Please don't take this wrong, Rich, but most of us aren't sre you could tell a
Canon from that device with wheels and a long snout that fired iron balls at
the Union forces in the Peach Orchard.

Was it digital? How many megs?
At least it wasn't plastic.

--
john mcwilliams
Old October 28th 09, 07:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Rich wrote:
Because they remind me of the old Intel. They've put out so many expensive
but flawed products, it's disgusting. There is NO excuse for their past
record and there is no way I'd buy a Canon and benefit them for releasing
flawed and apparently untested products.

Those pros who make a decent living using Canon's really don't seem to
give a crap what you would do.

I read the other day that Canon are reporting increasing sales in
cameras. So a lot of people don't give a crap about your mis-founded
notions.
Old October 28th 09, 08:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wolfgang Weisselberg

John McWilliams wrote:
Robert Coe wrote:

Please don't take this wrong, Rich, but most of us aren't sre you could tell a
Canon from that device with wheels and a long snout that fired iron balls at
the Union forces in the Peach Orchard.

Was it digital?

It's not an analogy ...
It has one long finger (== digit) which ends in a snout, so
it is by definition digital.

How many megs?

Megabites depend on usage, but it usually bites if it hits.

At least it wasn't plastic.

The playmobile versions are. They are also much more
transportable, safe and fun to use.

-Wolfgang
Old October 28th 09, 09:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Charles[_2_]

"Rich" wrote in message
Because they remind me of the old Intel. They've put out so many
expensive
but flawed products, it's disgusting. There is NO excuse for their past
record and there is no way I'd buy a Canon and benefit them for releasing
flawed and apparently untested products.

What's up with the new Intel? Did you straighten them out?

Disgust is a personal issue.

So, don't buy a Canon.

What do you like?

Old October 28th 09, 11:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rich[_6_]

Alan Browne wrote in
:

Rich wrote:
Because they remind me of the old Intel. They've put out so many
expensive but flawed products, it's disgusting. There is NO excuse
for their past record and there is no way I'd buy a Canon and benefit
them for releasing flawed and apparently untested products.

Those pros who make a decent living using Canon's really don't seem to
give a crap what you would do.

I read the other day that Canon are reporting increasing sales in
cameras. So a lot of people don't give a crap about your mis-founded
notions.

Misfounded? Do you need a LIST of the problems they foisted on their
"fans?"
Old October 28th 09, 11:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Rich wrote:
Alan Browne wrote in
:

Rich wrote:
Because they remind me of the old Intel. They've put out so many
expensive but flawed products, it's disgusting. There is NO excuse
for their past record and there is no way I'd buy a Canon and benefit
them for releasing flawed and apparently untested products.

Those pros who make a decent living using Canon's really don't seem to
give a crap what you would do.

I read the other day that Canon are reporting increasing sales in
cameras. So a lot of people don't give a crap about your mis-founded
notions.

Misfounded? Do you need a LIST of the problems they foisted on their
"fans?"

Please. Find something useful to write about. You can make similar
lists for just about any company and product category in the world.
While you're obsessing on that, pros and amateurs are simply making
photos and oblivious to your usenet turds.
Old October 30th 09, 08:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
rwalker

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 19:50:27 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:

Rich wrote:
Alan Browne wrote in
:

Rich wrote:
[...]

Damn, I feel cheated. I have a Canon 350D that I've had for five
years, and it's worked flawlessly. Where are my flaws? Should I ask
for a refund?