Google Clips - End of the photographer as we know it?

Old June 1st 18, 11:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Google Clips - End of the photographer as we know it?

On 5/31/2018 12:38 AM, Ron C wrote:
On 5/30/2018 11:58 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 5/29/2018 7:09 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

ai composers will break new ground.

some people will even prefer what it creates over bach, beethoven,
etc.

In the context in which I first raised the name of Bach (and
Beethoven, Monteverdi and Thomas Tallis) you would have to wait for
about a hundred years before you could find out whether or not a
particular composer was equally monumental.

maybe, but so what?

that doesn't mean it can't ever happen.

So. the point is lack of human nuance. possibly we may get6 closer if
quantum AI becomes practical. But, when it comes to quantum, we are
just beginning to scratch the tip of the iceberg.

Actually I believe it has more to do with fuzzy logic than quantum.
[YMMV]

Is it either/or?
I agree that fuzzy has a lot to do with it, but I think we need the
performance of quantum, to make it practical.

--
PeterN
Old June 2nd 18, 01:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

wrote:

ai composers will break new ground.

some people will even prefer what it creates over bach, beethoven,
etc.

In the context in which I first raised the name of Bach (and
Beethoven, Monteverdi and Thomas Tallis) you would have to wait for
about a hundred years before you could find out whether or not a
particular composer was equally monumental.

maybe, but so what?

that doesn't mean it can't ever happen.

So. the point is lack of human nuance. possibly we may get6 closer if
quantum AI becomes practical. But, when it comes to quantum, we are
just beginning to scratch the tip of the iceberg.

Actually I believe it has more to do with fuzzy logic than quantum.
[YMMV]

Amending my prior response, my while I still agree with fuzzy logic
being a factor, i understand quantum that computing places some degree
of on possibilities, as opposed to the current algorithms that emphasize
probabilities.
I question whether I will be around long enough to know if my
understanding is correct.

--
PeterN