People who top post should be banned from Usenet

Old April 5th 04, 08:51 AM
Lewis Lang

Default People who top post should be banned from Usenet

But I do it so well!? ;-) :-P

From: Jim Davis
Date: Fri, Mar 26, 2004 11:27 PM

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:16:16 GMT, Roger Halstead
wrote/replied to:

Although not germane to a photography group... although I guess it
could apply due to interest, many groups have blind posters such as
many of the ham radio groups and reflectors. There, top posting is
not only accepted, but requested.

Where top posting is requested, by all means do it. Otherwise stop
looking stupid.

Check out my photos at "LEWISVISION":

http://members.aol.com/Lewisvisn/home.htm

Remove "nospam" to reply

***DUE TO SPAM, I NOW BLOCK ALL E-MAIL NOT ON MY LIST, TO BE ADDED TO MY LIST,
PING ME ON THE NEWSGROUP. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. :-) ***
Old April 5th 04, 08:52 AM
Lewis Lang

No he doesn't ;-)

Old April 5th 04, 08:57 AM
Lewis Lang

Never eat beans
Fart
Give one's self a lobotomy
In the gentle snow
it was raining
Farting beans
beans
beans
beans
Mr. Bean
"Nobody light a match!"
Warped drive!

Old April 7th 04, 05:56 AM
Lewis Lang

This is a top post (posting your reply at the top/before/above a quote you are
responding to.

From: (Kiron Kid)
Date: Sat, Apr 3, 2004 11:43 AM
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is a top post?

Kiron Kid

This, on the other hand, would be "bottom posting".

Old April 7th 04, 12:02 PM
Alexis Neel

A **** for brains top poster.

Ban me!

ospam (Lewis Lang) wrote in message ...
This is a top post (posting your reply at the top/before/above a quote you are
responding to.

From:
(Kiron Kid)

Old April 7th 04, 12:41 PM
Paul Schmidt

Lewis Lang wrote:
This is a top post (posting your reply at the top/before/above a quote you are
responding to.

You forgot mid-posting which is where your reply is mixed in with what
is being replied to.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is a top post?

This, on the other hand, would be "bottom posting".

Whether you top, mid or bottom post, the polite thing to do is delete
all information that is not needed to establish the context of your
reply. The worst thing is to leave 450 "me too" responses each of which
adds about 10 lines of header/footer crap, and then simply add another
"me too" to either the top or bottom.

Paul