Velvia 50 discontinued?

Old October 15th 04, 01:03 PM
bucko

Default Velvia 50 discontinued?

Hi,

I heard that Velvia 50 will be discontinued but Fuji is putting out
another film to replace it. Is there any word on this? If so, what film
is replacing it and what is it like? I don't know if it is rumor?

bucko
Old October 15th 04, 01:55 PM
Michael A. Covington

Hadn't heard it. Is there anything on www.fujifilm.com or
www.fujifilm.co.jp?

Old October 15th 04, 03:20 PM
Alan Browne

bucko wrote:

Hi,

I heard that Velvia 50 will be discontinued but Fuji is putting out
another film to replace it. Is there any word on this? If so, what film
is replacing it and what is it like? I don't know if it is rumor?

Where did you hear this? Got sources to link to?

Old October 16th 04, 07:39 PM
Udie Lafing

bucko wrote:

Hi,

I heard that Velvia 50 will be discontinued but Fuji is putting out
another film to replace it. Is there any word on this? If so, what film
is replacing it and what is it like? I don't know if it is rumor?

bucko

I think your wrong again Bucko!!
--
LOL!!!

Old October 18th 04, 07:20 AM
David Azose

Hi,

I work for a photolab in Seattle, and sometimes the Fuji rep comes by.
He showed some Velvia 100 about 3 months ago. I believe that is what is
being sold in professional camera stores. I am NOT sure if Velvia 50
has been discontinued or if there is simply a 100 speed version in addition.

David A.

Old October 18th 04, 08:14 PM
Alan Browne

David Azose wrote:

I work for a photolab in Seattle, and sometimes the Fuji rep comes by.
He showed some Velvia 100 about 3 months ago. I believe that is what is
being sold in professional camera stores. I am NOT sure if Velvia 50
has been discontinued or if there is simply a 100 speed version in
addition.

-100F has been sold here for about a year now.

-The addition of 100F is to give an extra stop of light to work with, with
little if any additional grain. So it's possible, but has not been announced to
date. (Could be they're trying to guage how the new film affects sales of the 50).

-Next time the rep drops in, ask him if 50 might disappear

-Please don't top post replies.

Cheers,
Alan

Old October 18th 04, 08:14 PM
Alan Browne

David Azose wrote:

I work for a photolab in Seattle, and sometimes the Fuji rep comes by.
He showed some Velvia 100 about 3 months ago. I believe that is what is
being sold in professional camera stores. I am NOT sure if Velvia 50
has been discontinued or if there is simply a 100 speed version in
addition.

-100F has been sold here for about a year now.

-The addition of 100F is to give an extra stop of light to work with, with
little if any additional grain. So it's possible, but has not been announced to
date. (Could be they're trying to guage how the new film affects sales of the 50).

-Next time the rep drops in, ask him if 50 might disappear

-Please don't top post replies.

Cheers,
Alan

Focal plane vs. leaf shutters in MF SLRs KM Medium Format Photography Equipment 724 December 7th 04 09:58 AM
Velvia 100 compensation Charles Pezeshki Large Format Photography Equipment 14 August 26th 04 08:23 PM
Velvia 100F dan Film & Labs 2 June 29th 04 09:47 PM
velvia 100F [question] dan 35mm Photo Equipment 6 June 28th 04 03:46 AM
5 Megapixels vs Velvia vs Kodachrome + Microscope Views Roger and Cathy Musgrove Film & Labs 0 October 12th 03 02:16 AM