Four years old HP5+ (Please Help)

Old September 30th 03, 01:26 AM
David Foy

Default Four years old HP5+ (Please Help)

Exposed film changes contrast more rapidly than unexposed. The
constantly-repeated advice "Process promptly" is worth paying attention to.

David Foy

"Michael Scarpitti" wrote in message
om...
David Nebenzahl wrote in message

On 9/15/2003 10:50 AM Michael Scarpitti spake thus:

Frank Pittel wrote in message

In my never humble opinion I think that once the film is exposed it

sits and ages
better then unexposed film.

This is false. Exposure is a chemical change. Once film is exposed, it
become less stable. Exposure is part of what development finishes.

I've had a lot of problems with funky color shifts when
shooting outdated film but little problems with film that was exposed

and then allowed
to sit.

Precisely the opposite is true. I've seen customers' rolls of color
film with two Christmases on them. On the older images colour shift
and deterioration was noticeable, and on the recent one, little or
none.

So you're essentially saying he's insane, right? Your assertion is that

he
couldn't possibly have experienced what he says he experienced.

It's one thing to make assertions about what is true and possible and

what is
not; quite another to claim that what somebody says they witnessed is

impossible.

It's simple. Exposure causes a chemical change. Sitting around does
too, but it's slower. There will always be more change in a latent
image over a long time than there is in unexposed film over the same
period.

Always. Ask any film mfr.