time lapse on still or video cameras?

Old March 4th 07, 03:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
JXStern

Default time lapse on still or video cameras?

I'm in the market for a new digital camera, would like to have the
"time lapse" feature that shoots one frame every couple of seconds, or
thereabouts. I've seen it on some still cameras with a rather short
time limit - hour or so. Are there any still cameras that do it
better?

Is it available on video cameras with a longer duration? I'd like to
use it for some semi-surveillance kinds of apps (birds and bugs,
actually). A video camera with a few gig of flash memory and this
capability might be ideal.

If it could be triggered with a motion-sensor, even better!

Getting hard to tell the still cameras from the videos, some of the
little hybrids look cute, new Canon TX1 looks hot, thanks for any
advice.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0702/07022203canontx1.asp

J.

Old March 4th 07, 04:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
JXStern

On 03 Mar 2007 19:18:04 -0800, Paul Rubin
wrote:

JXStern writes:
Is it available on video cameras with a longer duration? I'd like to
use it for some semi-surveillance kinds of apps (birds and bugs,
actually). A video camera with a few gig of flash memory and this
capability might be ideal.

Try a web cam.

good idea, especially the wireless variety, but it doesn't give me an
excuse to go buy a new toy! well, I guess it is a new toy itself for
me, and I'm overdue for that, too, but I prefer the more portable.

J.

Old March 4th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
MarkČ

JXStern wrote:
I'm in the market for a new digital camera, would like to have the
"time lapse" feature that shoots one frame every couple of seconds, or
thereabouts. I've seen it on some still cameras with a rather short
time limit - hour or so. Are there any still cameras that do it
better?

Is it available on video cameras with a longer duration? I'd like to
use it for some semi-surveillance kinds of apps (birds and bugs,
actually). A video camera with a few gig of flash memory and this
capability might be ideal.

If it could be triggered with a motion-sensor, even better!

Getting hard to tell the still cameras from the videos, some of the
little hybrids look cute, new Canon TX1 looks hot, thanks for any
advice.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0702/07022203canontx1.asp

J.

Just abut all Canon digitals come with software that allows you to do this
while tethered to a computer. I've played around with stop-motion animation
using various Canon DSLRs, but it can be done manually with just about any
digital.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old March 4th 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 03:12:52 +0000, JXStern wrote:

I'm in the market for a new digital camera, would like to have the
"time lapse" feature that shoots one frame every couple of seconds, or
thereabouts. I've seen it on some still cameras with a rather short
time limit - hour or so. Are there any still cameras that do it
better?

Is it available on video cameras with a longer duration? I'd like to
use it for some semi-surveillance kinds of apps (birds and bugs,
actually). A video camera with a few gig of flash memory and this
capability might be ideal.

If it could be triggered with a motion-sensor, even better!

Getting hard to tell the still cameras from the videos, some of the
little hybrids look cute, new Canon TX1 looks hot, thanks for any
advice.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0702/07022203canontx1.asp

J.

Kodak P850 does up to 99 shots at intervals from 10 seconds to 24 hours.