Question on "one time use" Digital Cameras

Old August 20th 04, 04:16 PM
Steve Byers

Default Question on "one time use" Digital Cameras

I am sure this is a "stupid question", but how does the recently
announced "one time use" digital camera with a picture preview feature
work? I saw a news report that says that there is no media card. Does
it store the images on a chip inside the camera but that is not
removable by the user?

Any information would be appreciated.

Steve
Old August 20th 04, 06:51 PM
James Silverton

"Steve Byers" wrote in message
m...
I am sure this is a "stupid question", but how does the recently
announced "one time use" digital camera with a picture preview

feature
work? I saw a news report that says that there is no media card.

Does
it store the images on a chip inside the camera but that is not
removable by the user?

Any information would be appreciated.

It is unlikely that anything could be removed by a user but a chip is
quite possible since the number of pictures is given as 25. The camera
is stated as costing USD20 but I don't know if that includes the cost
of the prints.

--
James V. Silverton
Potomac, Maryland, USA

Old August 20th 04, 07:28 PM
Christopher Muto

http://www.jeffraysbrain.com/DigitalCamHack.htm
http://www.cexx.org/dakota/ (very slow)
http://www.g4techtv.com/freshgear/fe...al_Camera.html
the camera has memory of limited capacity soldered on to the main board. it
can be reused (images copied out of the unit to free up memory) with the use
of a modified palm cable and software that is available.