Thank you for the battery advise - Costco won the day

Old September 7th 08, 09:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
DudeBoyz

Default Thank you for the battery advise - Costco won the day

I wanted to say thank you to those who helped me with my
questions about AA Rechargeables.

Though I considered Thomas Distributing for the whole bundle,
some of you mentioned that you could get low-discharge batteries
in a Sony Eneloop "Power Pack" at Costco, and once I saw the
bundle at the local Costco, I felt that it provided the best
overall value. I bought two of the Power Pack bundles, each of
which consist of the following:

1 Sanyo NC-MQN06 Low Profile Charger Unit
2 HR03 AAA Eneloop Batteries (800mAh)
8 HR6 AA Eneloop Batteries (2000mAh)
4 NCS-TG-C Battery Adapter / Enclosure (C Size)
4 NCS-TG-D Battery Adapter / Enclosure (D Size)

I believe the price was $28.95 or something close.

So, I have two chargers (one stays home, one may travel with me),
16 AA and 4 AAA and all the adapter goodies.

With my Olympus C5050, I have rotated 3 sets of standard drain
1700mAh AA for years, but this new camera has an EVF instead of
an Optical View Finder, so having a 4th set may just come in
handy.

I'm looking forward to using these low-discharge units. It gives
me the ability to avoid a "Super Fast Charger" and the potential
heat / wear that can be caused with rapid recharges and stick
with a slower, lower-temp type of setup. And since the Eneloop
Batteries and the accompanying charger are in a bundle from the
same company, I should have no issues with mismatched goodies.
Single source solution with no worries.

Anyway, thanks again. You all have been very helpful and I
appreciate it much.

Happy Snappin'