Canon 50D?

Old August 26th 08, 06:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
David Nebenzahl

Default Canon 50D?

On 8/25/2008 6:34 PM Annika1980 spake thus:

On Aug 25, 9:26 pm, D-Mac wrote:

Hey... Why reply to this idiot and stuff up the expectation your post is
about a camera for everyone who's already killed the prick? Wake up to
yourself will you? Ignorance is the only cure. DON'T FEED THE TROLL!-

Shut up, D-Mac, lest we both starve to death!

Ah, a glimmer of self-recognition ...

--
"In 1964 Barry Goldwater declared: 'Elect me president, and I
population into concentration camps and turn the country into a

- Characterization (paraphrased) of the 1964 Goldwater/Johnson
presidential race by Professor Irwin Corey, "The World's Foremost
Authority".
Old August 26th 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
David Nebenzahl

On 8/26/2008 10:31 AM Annika1980 spake thus:

On Aug 26, 1:25 pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:

Hey... Why reply to this idiot and stuff up the expectation your post is
about a camera for everyone who's already killed the prick? Wake up to
yourself will you? Ignorance is the only cure. DON'T FEED THE TROLL!-

Shut up, D-Mac, lest we both starve to death!

Ah, a glimmer of self-recognition ...

How about recognizing my butt and kissing it way up in the red?

Sorry, no, dear. But I'll let the record show that you propositioned me
quite publicly.

Old September 7th 08, 01:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Gedeon Herschberg

Eric Miller wrote:
I figured that a 5D replacement was coming, not that I really care. My
5D will be with me till it falls apart.

http://www.bobatkins.com/photography...n_eos_50D.html

Eric Miller
www.colibrihotsauce.com

I am interested in your opinion - comparing the possession of a 5D
instead of waiting for the APS-C sized 50D.
I am going on an overseas trip soon and have a 400D at present. I bought
a Tamron 28-300 with vibration control and I have a Sigma 10-20. If I
got a 5D now I would take it with me with the Tamron. However otherwise
if i took it with the 400D I would have no wide angle and would need to
take 2 lenses.
I find that most desirable for me though is to take low light
photography often with higher ISO and no flash.
In my position what would you do if you intended to spend and amount
that would fetch an upgrade like the 50D which I believe uses high ISO
shooting very well, or a 5D which is now available in Australia at a
much lower price thus giving me the choice between the 5D and coming 50D.
What do you think about the quality in low light of your 5D and your
thoughts of the 50D as it would be?

Gedeon Herschberg

Old September 8th 08, 12:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

:
[...]

I've never used a 5D, but I believe it's larger and heavier than a 400D. Are
you sure that the size/weight tradeoff significantly favors the 5D with the
Tamron over the 400D with both lenses? If it doesn't, maybe it makes sense to
use your current equipment on your trip and defer your decision until after
the 50D comes out.

Bob
Old September 8th 08, 04:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Olin K. McDaniel[_2_]

wrote:

Eric Miller wrote:
[...]

Sorry I can't comment on the question you asked, I don't have Canon,
but I do have the Tamron 28-300 lens for another brand camera. Yours
is the first post I've seen in the year I've owned this lens, and I
wonder what your opinion of the lens might be. Frankly, I've been
somewhat disappointed in mine, at least anything over 150mm is not as
sharp as it should be. Comparing it to a newly acquired Sigma 180 mm
prime, it is a definite loser. But, of course it cost less than half
the Sigma.

Olin McDaniel
To reply by email, please remove "abcd" from Return address
"Ignorance is treatable, Stupidity is incurable. Sometimes
the difference is hardly distinguishable, however."
Old September 8th 08, 06:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Olin K. McDaniel[_2_]

wrote:

Eric Miller wrote:
[...]

Again, my apology. My statement above re "the first post I've seen in
the year I've owned this lens" really should read "the first post
from someone else who ALSO owns this lens".

Another comment, I discovered this subject has been continually posted
to more than one news group, and that displeases me. Especially since
I can't seem to rid my replies of the unwanted address, after
discovering this. I did not, and do not, wish to post to
rec.photo.equipment.35mm, but seem to have no choice.

Old September 8th 08, 09:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 17:05:26 GMT, (Olin
K. McDaniel) wrote:

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 15:16:50 GMT,
(Olin

wrote:

Eric Miller wrote:
[...]

I see you are using Free Agent (no longer available, unfortunately).
When you reply to a newsgroup article, does the posting window contain
a line 'Newsgroups'? If it does, all you have to do is delete the
unwanted newsgroup from the list displayed there. I use Agent and have
just done that for you.

Eric Stevens
Old September 8th 08, 11:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Olin K. McDaniel[_2_]

On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 08:51:16 +1200, Eric Stevens
wrote:

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 17:05:26 GMT, (Olin
K. McDaniel) wrote:

(much deleted)

[...]

Thanks Eric, but I do not see the option you mention. When I look at
our respective headers, I see you use a version of 4.x something, and
mine is 1.1. Guess that option wasn't available those days. Wish I
could avoid posting to an unwanted address when making a reply. Guess
I'll have to be more attentive to what I'm replying to, right?

Olin