Canon 50D?

Old August 24th 08, 01:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

Default Canon 50D?

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:55:59 -0700, David Nebenzahl
wrote:
: On 8/21/2008 7:54 PM Eric Miller spake thus:
:
: I figured that a 5D replacement was coming, not that I really care. My
: 5D will be with me till it falls apart.
:
: http://www.bobatkins.com/photography...n_eos_50D.html
:
: This post is off-topic for this newsgroup, rec.photo.equipment.35mm,
: which is concerned with film cameras that use 35mm film, not digital
: cameras that look like 35mm SLRs.
:
: Please use an appropriate newsgroup for postings on digital cameras. One
: of the following groups would be a good place for such postings:
:
: rec.photo.digital
: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
: rec.photo.digital.rangefinder
: rec.photo.digital.slr
: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
:
: (Note that the list of groups available to you depends on what your ISP
: or news provider carries, and may differ from this list)

You've told us repeatedly what you think; we don't agree with you; now please
buzz off.

If crossposting bothers you so much, go find a newsreader that will mark an
article read in all other newsgroups when you've read it in one. Such are
available if you look around. Google is your friend.

And as I think others have mentioned, three of the five newsgroups in your
list are not widely distributed.

Bob
Old August 24th 08, 01:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Eric Miller

Bob wrote:
"Eric Miller" wrote in message
.. .

I figured that a 5D replacement was coming, not that I really care. My 5D
will be with me till it falls apart.

http://www.bobatkins.com/photography...n_eos_50D.html

Eric Miller
www.colibrihotsauce.com

who cares

At the very least, all those who post comments in response to the OP.

Eric Miller
www.dyesscreek.com
Old August 24th 08, 01:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
measekite

Bruce wrote:
Eric Miller wrote:

I figured that a 5D replacement was coming, not that I really care. My
5D will be with me till it falls apart.

http://www.bobatkins.com/photography...n_eos_50D.html

There is no suggestion that the 50D will be full frame.

Therefore, it cannot possibly be a replacement for the 5D.

One feature I would like to see on all Canon DSLR is an articulating LCD
like the one of the Canon S5 IS.
Old August 24th 08, 03:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
SMS

measekite wrote:

Bruce wrote:
Eric Miller wrote:

I figured that a 5D replacement was coming, not that I really care.
My 5D will be with me till it falls apart.

http://www.bobatkins.com/photography...n_eos_50D.html

There is no suggestion that the 50D will be full frame.
Therefore, it cannot possibly be a replacement for the 5D.

One feature I would like to see on all Canon DSLR is an articulating LCD
like the one of the Canon S5 IS.

Indeed, that was a great feature on the G series as well, that Canon
dropped, presumably for cost reasons.
Old August 25th 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
David Nebenzahl

On 8/24/2008 5:37 AM Robert Coe spake thus:

wrote:

: This post is off-topic for this newsgroup, rec.photo.equipment.35mm,
: which is concerned with film cameras that use 35mm film, not digital
: cameras that look like 35mm SLRs.
:
: Please use an appropriate newsgroup for postings on digital cameras. One
: of the following groups would be a good place for such postings:
:
: rec.photo.digital
: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
: rec.photo.digital.rangefinder
: rec.photo.digital.slr
: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
:
: (Note that the list of groups available to you depends on what your ISP
: or news provider carries, and may differ from this list)

And as I think others have mentioned, three of the five newsgroups in your
list are not widely distributed.

True, but notice I made no claims as to what groups were or weren't
widely distributed (I actually have no idea which ones are, apart from
the top-level ones like r.p.digital which I *assume* are widely
distributed). Just pointing out what's there.

--
"In 1964 Barry Goldwater declared: 'Elect me president, and I
population into concentration camps and turn the country into a

- Characterization (paraphrased) of the 1964 Goldwater/Johnson
presidential race by Professor Irwin Corey, "The World's Foremost
Authority".
Old August 25th 08, 12:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
David Nebenzahl

On 8/22/2008 2:59 PM John Sheehy spake thus:

Bruce wrote in news:2f0ta4lf4b9d4o3o7iu9irr8qcn67gto09@
4ax.com:

There is no suggestion that the 50D will be full frame.

Therefore, it cannot possibly be a replacement for the 5D.

Why would a camera series *ever* be expected to have a change of sensor
size? That should require the introduction of a new series. There are
advantages to all sizes of sensor.

In order to have a "reach-resolve" better than the 40D, a FF camera would
need more than 26 MP. If they ended the 1.6 crop with the 40D, and the
"replacement" had a lower pixel density, that would be a degrade, not an
upgrade, IMO.

Old August 26th 08, 02:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
You

In article m,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Please use an appropriate newsgroup for postings on digital cameras. One
of the following groups would be a good place for such postings:

rec.photo.digital
rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
rec.photo.digital.rangefinder
rec.photo.digital.slr
rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

(Note that the list of groups available to you depends on what your ISP
or news provider carries, and may differ from this list)

Did it REALLY REQUIRE four (4) posts, al of which are almost Identical,
to get your point across? And for the Record, Who Appointed YOU, NetCop
for all things rec.photo.digital, in the first place? God save us from
self-appointed Do-Gooders.......
Old August 26th 08, 02:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
D-Mac[_6_]

You wrote:
In article m,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Please use an appropriate newsgroup for postings on digital cameras. One
of the following groups would be a good place for such postings:

rec.photo.digital
rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
rec.photo.digital.rangefinder
rec.photo.digital.slr
rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

(Note that the list of groups available to you depends on what your ISP
or news provider carries, and may differ from this list)

Did it REALLY REQUIRE four (4) posts, al of which are almost Identical,
to get your point across? And for the Record, Who Appointed YOU, NetCop
for all things rec.photo.digital, in the first place? God save us from
self-appointed Do-Gooders.......

Hey... Why reply to this idiot and stuff up the expectation your post is
about a camera for everyone who's already killed the prick? Wake up to
yourself will you? Ignorance is the only cure. DON'T FEED THE TROLL!