Adobe PS RAW convertor vs Nikon RAW convertor

Old January 25th 05, 07:48 AM
Vlad Gunko

Default Adobe PS RAW convertor vs Nikon RAW convertor

Hello!
Adobe Photoshop RAW convertor could change only WB and EV.
Nikon RAW convertor could change significantly more parameters.
I payed more then $500 for PS and get this stump.

Could anyone help with this?

Bob

Old January 25th 05, 10:50 AM
adm

"Vlad Gunko" wrote in message
Hello!
Adobe Photoshop RAW convertor could change only WB and EV.
Nikon RAW convertor could change significantly more parameters.
I payed more then $500 for PS and get this stump.

Could anyone help with this?

Use the correct Adobe Camera RAW plug in !

Download it from the Adobe website and follow the installation instructions.

Old January 25th 05, 02:31 PM
Eric Gill

"Vlad Gunko" wrote in news:ct4ti8$2le0$1
@fortress.intercom.net.ua:

Hello!
Adobe Photoshop RAW convertor could change only WB and EV.

You've got problems.

Nikon RAW convertor could change significantly more parameters.
I payed more then $500 for PS and get this stump.

Paid?

Could anyone help with this?

I'm wagering Adobe could.

Old January 25th 05, 03:27 PM
Chris Myers

On 1/25/05 2:48 AM, in article , "Vlad
Gunko" wrote:

Hello!
Adobe Photoshop RAW convertor could change only WB and EV.
Nikon RAW convertor could change significantly more parameters.
I payed more then $500 for PS and get this stump.

Could anyone help with this?

Bob

Make sure you're using the advanced mode instead of the standard user mode.
This will give you many more options.

Chris

Old January 25th 05, 03:39 PM
Vlad Gunko

"Chris Myers"

Make sure you're using the advanced mode instead of the standard user
mode.

How to switch it on?

Bob

Old January 25th 05, 03:40 PM
Vlad Gunko

"adm"

Use the correct Adobe Camera RAW plug in !
Download it from the Adobe website and follow the installation
instructions.

It's not very funny. I downloaded Camera RAW plug in 2.3, installed as it
told in instructions.

Old January 25th 05, 04:20 PM
Owamanga

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 17:39:21 +0200, "Vlad Gunko"
wrote:

"Chris Myers"

Make sure you're using the advanced mode instead of the standard user
mode.

How to switch it on?

You're serious, right?

Import a RAW file. At the top right of the window, under the buttons
OK, CANCEL you'll see two radio buttons 'Basic and Advanced'.

Click on the little white circle next to 'Advanced' and watch a
smaller black circle appear within it. You are now in 'Advanced' mode.

Don't screw with anything on the 'Calibrate' tab, you'll only **** it
up.

Also, think hard before having any children, sometimes it's not good
for the gene pool.

--
Owamanga!
Old January 25th 05, 05:16 PM
Mike G.

Vlad Gunko wrote:
Hello!
Adobe Photoshop RAW convertor could change only WB and EV.
Nikon RAW convertor could change significantly more parameters.
I payed more then $500 for PS and get this stump.

Could anyone help with this?

Bob

Read the post from 1/21 on this topic, by . You might
be in this same situation, where Nikon Capture overwrote the PS RAW
Plug-In file.