Patrick Dignan archive available?

Old February 10th 04, 11:01 PM
Dan Quinn

Default Patrick Dignan archive available?

"Lew" wrote

Is there an archive of Patrick Dignan's publications available somewhere? I
came across a reference to a microfiche version, but without a reader that
doesn't seem to be practical.
-Lew

I've one of his formula books. He was a contributor to Darkroom
Techniques. I've issues from the early 80s where in he has an
eight part series covering photo chemistry.
He was an early energetic promoter of phenidone. At his own expense
he had it removed from the MSDS list of hazardous substances.
"...a reference to a microfiche version, but without a reader..."
Are you telling us that the microfiched works of Mr. P. Dignan are
available to the public? Perhaps they have been CDed! Dan
Old February 11th 04, 01:52 PM
Lew

I believe that he published a newsletter for a few years to which I
subscribed. Unfortunately, I discarded them long ago. However, I also
believe that his commercial enterprise, Dignan Photographic, published an
all-inclusive microfiche. More unfortunately, this information is sketchy
and uncertain.
-Lew

Old February 11th 04, 02:11 PM
Jorge Omar

Would there be someone with a entrepreneur spirit to contact his family,
make a PDF archive or alike and place it on the WEB (even paid)?

Jorge

"Lew" wrote in
news

Old February 11th 04, 10:53 PM
Dan Quinn

Jorge Omar wrote

Would there be someone with a entrepreneur spirit to contact his family,
make a PDF archive or alike and place it on the WEB (even paid)?

Patrick Dignan passed away in 1997. I've somewhere gotten the
impression that he was survived by family. I think his home was
in California.
The sum total of his published work likely is a few volumes.
Somebody at Photo Techniques should have more information. Dan