Detail with coolpix 5700

Old December 29th 03, 01:43 AM
Vindrew

Default Detail with coolpix 5700

I can't believe the detail I am discovering with my new camera!

http://www.pbase.com/image/24540167/medium

This is a shot of my Dog's nose.

Vincent Valle
Pbase.com supporter
http://www.pbase.com/vincentvalle

Old December 30th 03, 03:46 AM

Default coolpix 5700 -5400 or 5000

I am thinking of getting a coolpix 5700
have you ever worked with the 5000 or the 5400?

the 5400 seems to have everything I want but I'm greedy for the 8x optical

anyone have input for me?

Old December 30th 03, 04:04 PM
Mike

wrote in message
om...
I am thinking of getting a coolpix 5700
have you ever worked with the 5000 or the 5400?

Been using a 5000 for a long time. Great camera. Biggest downfall for me and
the reason I'm moving up is non interchangeable lenses. If you are going to
get real serious you need a slr that you can change lenses on.

Mike

Old January 1st 04, 10:32 PM
Robzilla

wrote in message . com...
I am thinking of getting a coolpix 5700
have you ever worked with the 5000 or the 5400?

the 5400 seems to have everything I want but I'm greedy for the 8x optical

anyone have input for me?

Been using a 5400 for a couple of months - it's a great camera. But
I'd say get the camera with the best lenses you can afford - so if you
want a 5700 - go for it

Rob

www.findingviews.com
Old January 1st 04, 11:13 PM
E. Hand

wrote in message . com...
I am thinking of getting a coolpix 5700
have you ever worked with the 5000 or the 5400?

the 5400 seems to have everything I want but I'm greedy for the 8x optical

anyone have input for me?

I have a 5000 (last years model). I think it is great for what I
bought it for which is close up nature photography. The images are
crisp and nicely interpreted by the camera in all of the different
file formats it offers. However, I don't like it for shooting
photographs of people. It moves to slowly and there are to many hard
to access functions. I have had a lot of problems with the flash. It
blows out my subject if I'm close and under exposes when I'm far.
There doesn't seem to be an in between. In talking with others who
own this camera I have found that they have similar issues. Also,
remember that when you are using the 8x optical you are losing pixels
and creating a smaller file size than what your camera offers. You
could just as easily create that effect in an editing program. It may
not be wise to base your decision on the optical capabilities. Hope
that helps.

E. Hand
Old January 2nd 04, 02:57 AM
mutt

i aggree about beign a bit slow for people pics, just bought a 5700 this
week nasty shutter lag to get used to while it focouses...guess i wont get
rid of the old fe just yet

"E. Hand" wrote in message
om...

. com...