ON THE GRIDIRON WITH THE 20D !!!

Old October 4th 04, 05:38 AM
Dallas

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 11:57:46 -0400, Alan Browne had this to say:

Dallas wrote:

Flash is a no-no in professional sports photography.

You better tell all those professional photogs at NBA and NHL games then.

I'm talking about sports here, not some arbitrary waste of time that North
Americans mistake to be sports.

But I'm curious about the NHL and flash photography: where do the
photographers sit if they are using flash? Behind the glass? Could be
interesting.

--
DD™
"And that's all I got to say about that" ~ FG

Old October 4th 04, 11:54 AM
Justin F. Knotzke

quote who=Dallas date=04/10/2004 00:38/

But I'm curious about the NHL and flash photography: where do the
photographers sit if they are using flash? Behind the glass? Could be
interesting.

http://www.sportsshooter.com/news/81

It's rare you'll see a flash mounted on top of a camera for actions
shots. For jubes, sure, but not for action.

Alan, thanks for the tip on Sigma. I'm gonna go for a used AFS.

Justin F. Knotzke

http://www.shampoo.ca

Old October 4th 04, 03:40 PM
Alan Browne

Dallas wrote:

Flash is a no-no in professional sports photography.

You better tell all those professional photogs at NBA and NHL games then.

I'm talking about sports here, not some arbitrary waste of time that North
Americans mistake to be sports.

But I'm curious about the NHL and flash photography: where do the
photographers sit if they are using flash? Behind the glass? Could be
interesting.

Yes, they sit behind glass. The strobes are above the ice, however, and don't
fire through the glass.

Old October 4th 04, 04:19 PM
Dallas

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 10:40:09 -0400, Alan Browne had this to say:

But I'm curious about the NHL and flash photography: where do the
photographers sit if they are using flash? Behind the glass? Could be
interesting.

Yes, they sit behind glass. The strobes are above the ice, however, and
don't fire through the glass.

Interesting. How often during a game do these strobes go off? It must get
pretty frustrating being a spectator...

Old October 4th 04, 06:03 PM
Alan Browne

Dallas wrote:
On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 10:40:09 -0400, Alan Browne had this to say:

But I'm curious about the NHL and flash photography: where do the
photographers sit if they are using flash? Behind the glass? Could be
interesting.

Yes, they sit behind glass. The strobes are above the ice, however, and
don't fire through the glass.

Interesting. How often during a game do these strobes go off? It must get
pretty frustrating being a spectator...

You hardly notice it.