What is the easiest way to find all images on a computer hard drive?

Old September 7th 20, 02:29 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default What is the easiest way to find all images on a computer hard drive?

In article , Snit
wrote:

"The root mode is mainly useful when the Mac has multiple user
accounts
configured and you like to find files in every user's private
folders.
Without the root mode, you won't get to look at other users'
files."

You've been using a Mac for a decade and you didn't know that?

Because Apple does not speak much of the root account... for most
users it
is not needed and not recommended to EVER use, no less enable.

root mode, mentioned above, is not the same as the root account and not
something apple would have any reason to mention for obvious reasons.

however, for the root account, apple has a lot to say.

start he
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204012

https://support.apple.com/guide/dire...-root-user-dir
ub32398f1/mac

Right: not things they really promote or make easy for the general user.

false.

What you snipped:

what *you* snipped is that you refuse to admit you do not understand
what was meant by root mode and fixate on something entirely unrelated.

also, apple doesn't promote a lot of things for the general user,
however, the information is readily available for those who want it.
Old September 7th 20, 03:40 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
Shadow

On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 21:35:09 +0100, David_B
wrote:

Apple support told me there was no way that I could!

Apple support told you that a root account doesn't exist?
I somewhat doubt that.
Oh, a *ANOTHER* *LIE*?
Carry on..... it's kind of what you do.

------------------------------------
BD: I want people to "get to know me better. I have nothing to
hide".
I'm always here to help, this page was put up at BD's request,
rather, he said "Do it *NOW*!":

67 confirmed #FAKE_NYMS, most used in cybercrimes!
Google "David Brooks Devon"
[]'s

--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Old September 7th 20, 04:33 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

wrote:

Apple support told me there was no way that I could!

Apple support told you that a root account doesn't exist?
I somewhat doubt that.
Oh, a *ANOTHER* *LIE*?
Carry on..... it's kind of what you do.

More likely Apple don't like their users knowing. This is a company which illegally destroys your phone if you dare to change your own battery.
Old September 7th 20, 05:19 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
David_B

wrote:

Apple support told me there was no way that I could!

****Apple support told you that a root account doesn't exist?
****I somewhat doubt that.
****Oh, a *ANOTHER* *LIE*?
****Carry on..... it's kind of what you do.

More likely Apple don't like their users knowing.* This is a company
which illegally destroys your phone if you dare to change your own battery.

Shadow twists things. It's what he does.

Apple support told me, during a telephone call, that I was personally
unable to look inside folders which are marked with a no entry sign.

It now appears that this was untrue.

FWIW, Apple changed the battery in my daughter's old iPhone 5C last year
(or maybe it was earlier this year!) for just £45. I doubt you could do
the same job for very much less - nothing significant anyway! ;-)
Old September 7th 20, 05:22 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article op.0qkyum05wdg98l@glass, Commander Kinsey
wrote:

More likely Apple don't like their users knowing. This is a company which
illegally destroys your phone if you dare to change your own battery.

no they don't, nor is that even possible.
Old September 7th 20, 06:28 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

wrote:

Apple support told me there was no way that I could!

Apple support told you that a root account doesn't exist?
I somewhat doubt that.
Oh, a *ANOTHER* *LIE*?
Carry on..... it's kind of what you do.

More likely Apple don't like their users knowing. This is a company
which illegally destroys your phone if you dare to change your own battery.

Shadow twists things. It's what he does.

Apple support told me, during a telephone call, that I was personally
unable to look inside folders which are marked with a no entry sign.

It now appears that this was untrue.

So Apple lied to you, what a surprise. Are you going to continue to use a company which lies to its customers?

FWIW, Apple changed the battery in my daughter's old iPhone 5C last year
(or maybe it was earlier this year!) for just £45. I doubt you could do
the same job for very much less - nothing significant anyway! ;-)

I can change the battery in my non-Apple phone for the price of the battery, about a fiver. And it would take me under a minute. When are you Apple fanboys going to realise they're ripping you off?
Old September 7th 20, 06:49 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article op.0qk350qfwdg98l@glass, Commander Kinsey
wrote:

Apple support told me, during a telephone call, that I was personally
unable to look inside folders which are marked with a no entry sign.

It now appears that this was untrue.

So Apple lied to you, what a surprise. Are you going to continue to use a
company which lies to its customers?

they didn't lie.

they correctly assessed that he personally was unable to look inside.

the mere fact that he had to ask is proof.

FWIW, Apple changed the battery in my daughter's old iPhone 5C last year
(or maybe it was earlier this year!) for just £45. I doubt you could do
the same job for very much less - nothing significant anyway! ;-)

I can change the battery in my non-Apple phone for the price of the battery,
about a fiver. And it would take me under a minute.

same for apple phones. i know a 10 year old kid who does it for his
friends and family.

When are you Apple
fanboys going to realise they're ripping you off?

when are you apple-haters going to realise that your incessant bashing
has zero basis in reality?
Old September 7th 20, 07:10 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
Snit

wrote:

Apple support told me, during a telephone call, that I was personally
unable to look inside folders which are marked with a no entry sign.

It now appears that this was untrue.

So Apple lied to you, what a surprise. Are you going to continue to use a
company which lies to its customers?

they didn't lie.

they correctly assessed that he personally was unable to look inside.

the mere fact that he had to ask is proof.

Let's compare your view TODAY with your view YESTERDAY. Yesterday I noted, in
terms of root access, that Apple does not focus on root access nor speak of it
much. You said you disagreed then bizarrely posted support of my position, of
which we then had this exchange:

nospam :
-----
Right: not things they really promote or make easy for the general user.

false.
-----

But then in one day you go from thinking Apple promotes root for general users
to thinking it is fine they not help someone OPEN A FOLDER! LOL!

Does it not occur to you how inconsistent your positions are?

FWIW, Apple changed the battery in my daughter's old iPhone 5C last year
(or maybe it was earlier this year!) for just £45. I doubt you could do
the same job for very much less - nothing significant anyway! ;-)

I can change the battery in my non-Apple phone for the price of the battery,
about a fiver. And it would take me under a minute.

same for apple phones. i know a 10 year old kid who does it for his
friends and family.

When are you Apple
fanboys going to realise they're ripping you off?

when are you apple-haters going to realise that your incessant bashing
has zero basis in reality?

I like Apple products and am on an iMac now and use an iPhone but your claims
about Apple are often absurd and even contradictory, and you post more to
insist others are wrong even when you show no evidence. And as you did
yesterday, when you do try to post evidence you often tend to prove yourself
wrong. Remember, it is YOU who pointed to Apple saying this, which was pretty
much what I was telling you:

-----
The root user is disabled by default. Although you can
enable it, it’s recommended that you avoid logging into a
Mac as the root user, either locally or remotely. Instead,
use the sudo command-line tool to perform tasks that
require root user privileges. You can restrict access to
sudo by adding users to the /private/etc/sudoers file.

WARNING: Use extreme caution if you log in as the root
user. You can lose data, damage the system by moving or
deleting critical files, or cause other problems that can
only be solved by reinstalling macOS. If you log in as the
root user, always log out after completing your task, log
in as an administrator, then disable the root user.
-----

I would add that even using sudo is not the be taken lightly!

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow

Old September 7th 20, 08:01 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
Snit

wrote:

Apple support told me there was no way that I could!

Â*Â*Â*Â*Apple support told you that a root account doesn't exist?
Â*Â*Â*Â*I somewhat doubt that.
Â*Â*Â*Â*Oh, a *ANOTHER* *LIE*?
Â*Â*Â*Â*Carry on..... it's kind of what you do.

More likely Apple don't like their users knowing.Â* This is a company
which illegally destroys your phone if you dare to change your own battery.

Shadow twists things. It's what he does.

Apple support told me, during a telephone call, that I was personally
unable to look inside folders which are marked with a no entry sign.

They generally are not going to point out how to get escalated permissions.
For most people it is more of a hazard than a help.

Old September 7th 20, 08:53 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

wrote:

Apple support told me there was no way that I could!

Apple support told you that a root account doesn't exist?
I somewhat doubt that.
Oh, a *ANOTHER* *LIE*?
Carry on..... it's kind of what you do.

More likely Apple don't like their users knowing. This is a company
which illegally destroys your phone if you dare to change your own battery.

Shadow twists things. It's what he does.

Apple support told me, during a telephone call, that I was personally
unable to look inside folders which are marked with a no entry sign.

They generally are not going to point out how to get escalated permissions.
For most people it is more of a hazard than a help.

For most Mac users perhaps. Macs are Mickey Mouse computers designed for people who don't know what a computer is.