HDR and Stepping out a Panorama

Old July 6th 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alienjones[_5_]

Default HDR and Stepping out a Panorama

http://www.douglasjames.com.au/examples/HDRatdawn.htm

For the sheep bleating in the background... Baaaaah.
Old July 7th 08, 12:26 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jeff R.

"Alienjones" wrote in message
http://www.douglasjames.com.au/examples/HDRatdawn.htm

For the sheep bleating in the background... Baaaaah.

Sigghhhh....

Weekend away is still on (planning stage only) - we'll just have to tone
down the celebrations. :-(

Doug:
Your HDR.
Yeah? So what?

Your stepped out pano.
Are you ever going to acknowledge and respond to the many reasonable
criticisms of your example?

Let's start with, oh I dunno, how about:
"How come the footpath gets covered up in grass in your shot, when its not
in the original?"

Others may like to chime in with their favourites.

Or not.

--
Jeff R.
(six weeks and no mail yet)

Old July 7th 08, 12:45 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Mark Thomas

Jeff R. wrote:
"Alienjones" wrote in message
http://www.douglasjames.com.au/examples/HDRatdawn.htm

For the sheep bleating in the background... Baaaaah.

Sigghhhh....

Weekend away is still on (planning stage only) - we'll just have to tone
down the celebrations. :-(

Cool.

Doug:
Your HDR.
Yeah? So what?

I would add that it would be a 'nice' scene, except for the absolute
screw up directly underneath the shelter roofs - look at the
ridiculously faded area of sea and sky - there is simply no way that
area could/should be that light. Doug's usual attention to detail.

Your stepped out pano.
Are you ever going to acknowledge and respond to the many reasonable
criticisms of your example?

Let's start with, oh I dunno, how about:
"How come the footpath gets covered up in grass in your shot, when its
not in the original?"

Others may like to chime in with their favourites.

I'd like to see Doug apologise to AC for the completely mistaken
identity, and show us the final version of his Manly esplanade linear
panorama.

Or tell us all about all the venues where it is for sale. (O:

(Or post it in the current SI.. - that would teach us all a lesson)

As for his Tangalooma example, that has been laughed off the planet and
is barely worth re-visiting.

(six weeks and no mail yet)

Oh yes, where is that, Doug? And mine? Got a string of new excuses, Doug?

In summary - a coupla months wasn't long enough. Douglas MacDonald (aka
Douglas james, aka Douglas St James, aka Ryadia/Alienjones/Cryptopix and
hundreds of others..), your background, lies and abuse will be brought
up every time you post here.

Sown. Reaped. Enjoy!
Old July 7th 08, 04:11 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alienjones[_5_]

Mark Thomas wrote:

In summary - a coupla months wasn't long enough. Douglas MacDonald (aka
Douglas james, aka Douglas St James, aka Ryadia/Alienjones/Cryptopix and
hundreds of others..), your background, lies and abuse will be brought
up every time you post here.

Sown. Reaped. Enjoy!

Ahhh Yes... The stalker himself.
Before you start on me... How about putting up some proof to your claim
to having been a Professional Wedding Photographer in Adelaide?
While you're at it... Let's see some shots from that mythical Bronica
you claim to have in the closet and never use.

Loser is a generous description of you.
Old July 7th 08, 04:50 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
m II

Annika1980 wrote:

Current Challenge : Frauds, Flim-flams, and Shams

Whose picture are you entering as your own work?

mike

--
Due to the insane amount of spam and garbage, this filter
blocks all postings from Gmail, Google Mail and Google Groups.

http://improve-usenet.org/
Old July 7th 08, 05:48 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 03:50:14 GMT, m II wrote:

Annika1980 wrote:

Current Challenge : Frauds, Flim-flams, and Shams

Whose picture are you entering as your own work?

mike

Hey D-Mac, at least your stalker is intelligent and can talk about
photography.
I'm stuck with this idiot.

Old July 7th 08, 06:00 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Atheist Chaplain[_3_]

Mark Thomas wrote:

In summary - a coupla months wasn't long enough. Douglas MacDonald (aka
Douglas james, aka Douglas St James, aka Ryadia/Alienjones/Cryptopix and
hundreds of others..), your background, lies and abuse will be brought up
every time you post here.

Sown. Reaped. Enjoy!

Ahhh Yes... The stalker himself.
Before you start on me... How about putting up some proof to your claim to
having been a Professional Wedding Photographer in Adelaide?
While you're at it... Let's see some shots from that mythical Bronica you
claim to have in the closet and never use.

Loser is a generous description of you.

Yeah, its the real Douggie, no one else is such a complete dickhead right
off the bat
So Douggie, did you enjoy hiding under that rock when you ran away, tail
between your legs, after your laughably horrendous "Stepped out Panno" was
given the ridicule and derision it so rightfully deserved.
I still get a laugh out of that one :-)
BTW, even though I know your not man enough to ever admit it, but I am still
awaiting an apology.
Please insert your usual tirade of abuse, half truths and completely
fabricated untruths if you admit to the above fact!

Don Hirschberg

Old July 7th 08, 06:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Jul 7, 12:51 am, m II wrote:
Hey D-Mac, at least your stalker is intelligent and can talk about
photography.
I'm stuck with this idiot.

Evasion noted, Douglas. I ask again, whose pictures are you entering as
your own? You have a history of stealing the work of others.

Actually, I don't. If you have some evidence to the contrary I'd sure
love to see it. Otherwise, STFU stalker.

Old July 7th 08, 07:38 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
clandestin_écureuil

Alienjones wrote:
http://www.douglasjames.com.au/examples/HDRatdawn.htm

For the sheep bleating in the background... Baaaaah.

Please don't let me interrupt your squabble with various posters, many of
whom I have found to make considerate, polite and informative posts, but
you have aroused my curiosity. When you refer to a "stepped out" panorama,
you are actually referring to what is usually known as a linear panorama
are you not?

When I did my second photography unit in college we were taught about
linear panoramas as against rotational or pivotal panoramas. I did one as
an assignment for credit in that course, using a mini-tripod clamped to a
luggage carrier mounted on my mountain bike, a device created by my father.
Using the tripod's inbuilt level and the bike's computer I could move an
exact distance before each shot, making the final "assembly" less arduous
and the result more consistent. The only trouble I had initially, causing
me to wait for a clear day, was with constantly moving clouds. The outcome
was pleasing and the project was interesting, it earned me a Distinction
(but not a High Distinction unfortunately).

Why do you choose to re-name a well established procedure? Calling it
"stepped out" sounds clumsy and imprecise to my thinking. Was there a
reason why you did that? Are you actually attempting to do this hand-held
and walking rather than mounted in some form?

Secret Squirrel

--

Ingrid Rose

clandestin.ecureuil(insert missing symbol here)gmail.com