Mr. Littleboy? Translation?

Old July 25th 04, 06:56 PM
jjs

Default Mr. Littleboy? Translation?

May I impose? I read in Bob M's site that there was an alternate
manufacturer for the SWC viewfinder. All I found was in Japanese.

http://www.cosina.co.jp/seihin/voigt...ndex.html#RD-1

The very bottom. Rough tranlation?

Old July 25th 04, 08:03 PM
Q.G. de Bakker

jjs wrote:

May I impose? I read in Bob M's site that there was an alternate
manufacturer for the SWC viewfinder. All I found was in Japanese.

http://www.cosina.co.jp/seihin/voigt...ndex.html#RD-1

The very bottom. Rough tranlation?

I think the really hard part will not be to translate from Japanese, but to
find this thing anywhere.

Old July 25th 04, 09:00 PM
Gordon Moat

"Q.G. de Bakker" wrote:

jjs wrote:

May I impose? I read in Bob M's site that there was an alternate
manufacturer for the SWC viewfinder. All I found was in Japanese.

http://www.cosina.co.jp/seihin/voigt...ndex.html#RD-1

The very bottom. Rough tranlation?

I think the really hard part will not be to translate from Japanese, but to
find this thing anywhere.

Definitely. Steven Gandy at CameraQuest was the only in the US bringing in
Voigtländer items for a while, and it looks like he is out of those. Check the
site page he has for these:

http://www.cameraquest.com/frames/4saleSWC.htm Sold out!

Maybe watching EBAY, or trying to get one from someone used are the only
options.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
A G Studio
http://www.allgstudio.com/gallery.html Updated!

Old July 26th 04, 01:18 AM
Bob Monaghan

see http://medfmt.8k.com/mf/vision.html and mf/vista612.html and
especially mf/finder.html pages on homebrew finders and alternatives.

Ralph Fuerbringer noted he made finders for his ultrawide MF cameras using
some of the common 0.42x superwide adapters (often $25 or so used, cf.
Goodwin photo etc.) plus some simple optics (Vs. $450 for the horseman
version, more for the zeiss version on the SWC, which lists for an
incredible $850 US$ last time I checked (yikes, that isn't for the SWC,
just for the dang highly distorted finder ;-) ;-) Scavenge a right angle
prism from an old folder and use it for the bubble check, if you want that
feature too ;-)

my recommendation would be to check out the Ikelite and similar wide angle
lens finders used in scuba housings and underwater. Lots of eye relief, as
they were used with masks underwater ;-) You can also get interchangeable
plastic masks on which you can scribe the actual coverage exactly on the
finder etc. Only real down side is the bright fluorescent orange color,
to make them visible if lost underwater, which is easily painted over ;-)

grins bobm
* Robert Monaghan POB 752182 Southern Methodist Univ. Dallas Tx 75275 *
********************Standard Disclaimers Apply*************************

Old July 26th 04, 02:08 AM
David J. Littleboy

"Q.G. de Bakker" wrote in message
jjs wrote:

May I impose? I read in Bob M's site that there was an alternate
manufacturer for the SWC viewfinder. All I found was in Japanese.

http://www.cosina.co.jp/seihin/voigt...ndex.html#RD-1

The very bottom. Rough tranlation?

I think the really hard part will not be to translate from Japanese, but

find this thing anywhere.

If you had seen the translation (in particular the bit about only being mfd

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old July 26th 04, 08:47 AM
Lassi Hippeläinen

"David J. Littleboy" wrote:
*: I don't have a clue as to what this is. (Looking at the upper part of the
page, it may be that it's the eyepiece for the 35mm angle finder that makes
that angle finder work for 15mm lenses.)

38mm in 6x6 is about the same as 16mm in 24x24mm, so you can use a 15mm
viewfinder and mask it square.

-- Lassi