Konica Impresa 50

Old January 28th 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Default Konica Impresa 50

B&H used to carry the 120 sized Impresa product but now I don't see it in
their catalog anymore. Does anyone know of a source for this film?
Thank you

Old January 28th 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

wrote:
B&H used to carry the 120 sized Impresa product but now I don't see it in
their catalog anymore. Does anyone know of a source for this film?

I was under the impression that it was discontinued a couple of years ago.
And if it hasn't been, Konica-Minolta announced their complete withdrawal
from the film business just now, so it's gone.

I didn't find it noticeably better than Reala, and there's a new 160 ISO
Fuji film (PRO160NC here, Pro 160 C elsewhere, I think (MF and 4x5 only,
though)) that should be better than either of those for a lot of people.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old January 28th 06, 03:56 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 20:06:33 -0500, wrote:

B&H used to carry the 120 sized Impresa product but now I don't see it in
their catalog anymore. Does anyone know of a source for this film?
Thank you

I have seen specific film types temporarily
disappear from the BH site.

Of course, with a Konica film, you may be
up against a very different problem.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com
Old January 29th 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

"David J. Littleboy" wrote in message
B&H used to carry the 120 sized Impresa product but now I don't see it

in
their catalog anymore. Does anyone know of a source for this film?

I was under the impression that it was discontinued a couple of years ago.
And if it hasn't been, Konica-Minolta announced their complete withdrawal
from the film business just now, so it's gone.

I didn't find it noticeably better than Reala, and there's a new 160 ISO
Fuji film (PRO160NC here, Pro 160 C elsewhere, I think (MF and 4x5 only,
though)) that should be better than either of those for a lot of people.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

I thought that Konica said they're going to continue making film until 2007.
There's some talk of Fuji taking over some of the product, much as Sony is
taking their SLR system.

Old January 29th 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

"David J. Littleboy" wrote in message
B&H used to carry the 120 sized Impresa product but now I don't see it

in
their catalog anymore. Does anyone know of a source for this film?

I was under the impression that it was discontinued a couple of years ago.
And if it hasn't been, Konica-Minolta announced their complete withdrawal
from the film business just now, so it's gone.

I didn't find it noticeably better than Reala, and there's a new 160 ISO
Fuji film (PRO160NC here, Pro 160 C elsewhere, I think (MF and 4x5 only,
though)) that should be better than either of those for a lot of people.

I'm sure the Fuji product is outstanding, however sometimes having a slower
film can be helpful. Especially if you want to keep the iris wide open.
The film had a different look. The blues were outstanding. It was not very
well publicised, the folks at my pro lab had never heard of it.

Old January 30th 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

wrote in message
[...]

I'll second that - on the rare occasions that I shoot studio portraits I
find 160 film (which I rate at 125) is almost always faster than I _need_,
and sometimes _too_ fast to get the aperture I want without using ND
filters.

Maybe my flash-heads (which I use mostly for still life or interiors) are
all just too powerful, but I find that even a couple of 250Ws units turned
right down to 1/8 power still often give me f11. Good news for still life,
less so, sometimes, for portraits. I miss those old slow films!

Peter

Old January 30th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

In article ,
"Bandicoot" wrote:

Maybe my flash-heads (which I use mostly for still life or interiors) are
all just too powerful, but I find that even a couple of 250Ws units turned
right down to 1/8 power still often give me f11. Good news for still life,
less so, sometimes, for portraits. I miss those old slow films!
Peter

Or maybe your studio is too small+Lights too close :^)
Or you could put some fiberglass screen material over the
light-ala softbox,...thats what I do for digital because my camera
only goes down to asa 200.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

greg_____photo(dot)com
Old January 30th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

G- Blank wrote:

In article ,
"Bandicoot" wrote:

Maybe my flash-heads (which I use mostly for still life or interiors) are
all just too powerful, but I find that even a couple of 250Ws units
turned
right down to 1/8 power still often give me f11. Good news for still
life,
less so, sometimes, for portraits. I miss those old slow films!
Peter

Or maybe your studio is too small+Lights too close :^)
Or you could put some fiberglass screen material over the
light-ala softbox,...thats what I do for digital because my camera
only goes down to asa 200.

It would be simpler to use a ND filter.

-- Lassi

Old January 31st 06, 08:09 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

In article ,
Lassi Hippelainen wrote:

G- Blank wrote:

In article ,
"Bandicoot" wrote:

Maybe my flash-heads (which I use mostly for still life or interiors) are
all just too powerful, but I find that even a couple of 250Ws units
turned
right down to 1/8 power still often give me f11. Good news for still
life,
less so, sometimes, for portraits. I miss those old slow films!
Peter

Or maybe your studio is too small+Lights too close :^)
Or you could put some fiberglass screen material over the
light-ala softbox,...thats what I do for digital because my camera
only goes down to asa 200.

It would be simpler to use a ND filter.

-- Lassi

Pretty hard to make one light less intense than the other-that way.
Never the less yes you could. But the fiberglass screen is really cheap
compared to a ND filter.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

greg_____photo(dot)com
Old January 31st 06, 10:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

G- Blank wrote:
In article ,
Lassi Hippelainen wrote:

G- Blank wrote:

In article ,
"Bandicoot" wrote:

Maybe my flash-heads (which I use mostly for still life or interiors) are
all just too powerful, but I find that even a couple of 250Ws units
turned
right down to 1/8 power still often give me f11. Good news for still
life,
less so, sometimes, for portraits. I miss those old slow films!
Peter

Or maybe your studio is too small+Lights too close :^)
Or you could put some fiberglass screen material over the
light-ala softbox,...thats what I do for digital because my camera
only goes down to asa 200.

It would be simpler to use a ND filter.

-- Lassi

Pretty hard to make one light less intense than the other-that way.
Never the less yes you could. But the fiberglass screen is really cheap
compared to a ND filter.

Put the filter on the lens, not the lights.

-- Lassi