Since the quality of digital 135 SRL is closely to 120

Old July 22nd 04, 04:51 PM
Chris Brown

Default Since the quality of digital 135 SRL is closely to 120

In article ,
Sander Vesik wrote:
Stacey wrote:
Chris Brown wrote:

Let's try an analogy: Can you give a possible explanation for why people
are sometimes hit by lightning?

Nope

[For Stacey] Here's an obvious one - try, "because sometimes people go out
in thunderstorms". See? This "logic" thing isn't that difficult at all!

and I don't understand why digital camera users feel a need to
discuss/promote their cameras all over usenet.

Because they are knawed by doubt - the doubt that maybe somebody doesn't
think they are now far superior to normal humans. The doubt that their
camera might not be a sufficent status symbol and hence not subsitute
for lack in other areas.

Be careful - previous experience suggests that responding to such questions
with possible explanations means that you too are "discussing/promoting your
[digital] cameras all over Usenet". Even mentioning the dreaded "D-word" as
part of an explanation of some optical phenomenon or other could very well
make you one of "them".

The irony is that at the moment, our friend Stacey here seems to be
discussing little else *but* digital cameras, almost to the point of
obsession. Even in the DoF thread, he's harping on about digital sensor
density.
Old July 23rd 04, 12:33 AM
Gregory W Blank

In article ,
Chris Brown wrote:

he's harping on about digital sensor density.

He ? I get get the distinct impression,......he is really a she
and always has been :-)

Its the wit, and bulldog determination,.....few guys have that sort
of aurguementive nature,.......its an all female trait. (forgive me) ;-)

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918
Old August 2nd 04, 04:31 AM
Ted Azito

Default 120 not so very expensive

Seagulls are horrifically bad, with dismal QC. Any Japanese vintage
TLR would be much better.

If you are on a low low low budget, I suggest putting ads at
supermarkets and laundromats stating that you are an art student (in a
sense, aren't we all?) and looking for old cameras, working or not,
for art purposes. Put a little drawing of a TLR and a screwmount Leica
so they will sort of get the idea. You will get a lot of crank calls
but some old bag eventually will offer you a bunch of photo junk from
her dead husband and you will have hit the Trifecta. Save the dead
ones for parts. In fact a lot of people would buy really expensive
cameras and when they jammed they would put them away in mint shape,
making them worth repairing.

Ed Romney, who died a couple of years ago, talked a lot about this in
his books. If you are in Elvis Country you'll benefit greatly from
them.