Canon 5D4

Old August 26th 16, 06:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Canon 5D4

On 2016-08-26 04:19:20 +0000, android said:

In article ,
Wally wrote:

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 16:09:50 -0400, Davoud wrote:

Wally:
See
https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/p...details/camera
s/
dsl
r/eos-5d-mark-iv

I hope the got the GPS right. In my 6D the GPS is always on, always
draining the battery, even when the camera is powered off. If I want to
use GPS I have to remove the battery between uses.

You could also turn GPS off in the menu.

The GPS is on in order to be ready on camera activation. Without network
assistance it can take 10-20 minutes for it to find the location. Good
practice is to start the GPS well, say 30 min ahead of a session and
turn it of afterwards, if you have the problem Davoud describes.

10-20 minutes to get a lock seems a little extreme. The bigger issue
with getting a GPS lock is having a clear sky with minimal vegitation
or building cover.
With the Nikon GP-1 on my D300S I get a lock within 1-4 minutes, but
mostly 1-2 minutes. The extra battery usage is minimal, so little in
fact that it has never been an issue in the 6 years I have owned the
D300S.

Well, I live in a city between hills and concrete buildings... I also
believe that you have more frequent passes of satellites further south
and I live on the 58th parallel. YMMV.

I use the Xperia M4 with GPSLogger for Android for GPS tagging, BTW.
--
teleportation kills
Old August 26th 16, 06:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,

On 2016-08-26 04:19:20 +0000, android said:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/p...s/details/came
[...]

Edit: I just went out to check and the M4 had 30 satellites over horizon
and a fix within one minute. Way better than my old E71.
--
teleportation kills
Old August 26th 16, 06:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,

On 2016-08-26 04:19:20 +0000, android said:

In article ,
Wally wrote:

[...]

and a fix within one minute. Way better than my old E71. I don't use
network assistance.
--
teleportation kills
Old August 26th 16, 06:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-08-26 04:19:20 +0000, android said:

In article ,
Wally wrote:

[...]

For the D300S I use the Nikon GP-1.
For the X-E2 I use my iPhone with location services and GPS for the
Fujifilm "Cam Remote" app which time syncs the shots with the iPhone to
write the GPS data to the files in the camera via WiFi.

Savageduck

Old August 26th 16, 06:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-08-26 05:36:21 +0000, android said:

In article ,

On 2016-08-26 04:19:20 +0000, android said:

In article ,
Wally wrote:

[...]

That is the sort of lock/fix time I would expect as normal.

Savageduck

Old August 26th 16, 07:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Wally

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 22:42:46 -0700, Savageduck

On 2016-08-26 05:36:21 +0000, android said:

In article ,

On 2016-08-26 04:19:20 +0000, android said:

In article ,
Wally wrote:

[...]

Also my experience. I have GPS off normally, but I turn it on when in
unfamiliar territory.

---

Old August 26th 16, 10:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 22:52:55 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , android
wrote:

get one this and people will be able to tell the difference.
https://www.engadget.com/2010/02/14/...pink-for-valen
tines-day-naturally/

Are the still available?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BOXED-PE...GITAL-CAMERA-O
NLY-BODY-PINK-/272237631240

'course the are... And the comes in silly red for the 'season too!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pentax-K-30-...-Digital-SLR-C
amera-with-DA-18-55mm-AL-Lens/322060021325?_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1&_
trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26 asc%3D38618%26meid%3D2a
956010ed51408a8ffd99979858b282%26pid%3D100623%26rk %3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D2
72237631240

Doesn't work.

http://tinyurl.com/hyagx5q

Still doesn't work.

no need for tinyurl. snip the tracking info past (and including) the ?:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pentax-K-30-Weatherproof-Silky-Red-Digital-SLR-XCamera-with-DA-18-55mm-AL-Lens/322060021325

Continues to not work - for the exactly the same reason:

"The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please
try again later."

or snip the description too and use just the item number:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/322060021325

Still the same.

Ho hum.

Eric Stevens
Old August 26th 16, 10:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Eric Stevens wrote:

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 22:52:55 -0400, nospam
wrote:

https://www.engadget.com/2010/02/14/...es-pink-for-va

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pentax-K-30-...tal-SLR-XCamer
a-with-DA-18-55mm-AL-Lens/322060021325

Continues to not work - for the exactly the same reason:

"The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please
try again later."

or snip the description too and use just the item number:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/322060021325

Still the same.

Ho hum.

Hey! It worked for me but the item got over 60 views the last 24 hours,
so it servers might have gone down temporarily!

Try this one. :-)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272298375886
--
teleportation kills
Old August 26th 16, 01:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pentax-K-30-...ital-SLR-XCame

ra-with-DA-18-55mm-AL-Lens/322060021325

Continues to not work - for the exactly the same reason:

"The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please
try again later."

or snip the description too and use just the item number:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/322060021325

Still the same.

Ho hum.

the problem is at your end or with ebay.
Old August 26th 16, 02:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

Davoud:
I hope the got the GPS right. In my 6D the GPS is always on, always
draining the battery, even when the camera is powered off. If I want to
use GPS I have to remove the battery between uses.

Wally:
You could also turn GPS off in the menu.

Right. But then you're not using the GPS, are you? Too much trouble.
GPS useless. Turn it off and leave it off. It needs to turn off when
the camera powers off. Fortunately, Lightroom takes care of the
problem.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm