Dpreview apparently declares Nikon's forlorn System 1 DEAD!(Mercy killing?)

Old August 21st 16, 08:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Dpreview apparently declares Nikon's forlorn System 1 DEAD!(Mercy killing?)

On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 20:04:51 -0700, Rich A wrote in
:

Well, now Nikon has 2 choices: 1. Make a real mirror-less system and
stop pretending the sales being lost to Sony aren't real. 2. Continue
to pretend the DSLR is the one and only camera system for people to use.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/1058

That's no link to a DPR article...
--
teleportation kills
Old August 21st 16, 03:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Alfred Molon Wrote in message:
In article , android says...

On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 20:04:51 -0700, Rich A wrote in
:

Well, now Nikon has 2 choices: 1. Make a real mirror-less system and
stop pretending the sales being lost to Sony aren't real. 2. Continue
to pretend the DSLR is the one and only camera system for people to use.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/1058

That's no link to a DPR article...

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/58202923

That's a user post! It's not written by DPR staff.
--
Bats can't tell us apart!

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Old August 22nd 16, 12:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Me

On 22/08/2016 07:37, RichA wrote:
On Sunday, 21 August 2016 10:06:13 UTC-4, android wrote:
Alfred Molon Wrote in message:
In article , android says...

On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 20:04:51 -0700, Rich A wrote in
:

Well, now Nikon has 2 choices: 1. Make a real mirror-less system and
stop pretending the sales being lost to Sony aren't real. 2. Continue
to pretend the DSLR is the one and only camera system for people to use.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/1058

That's no link to a DPR article...

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/58202923

That's a user post! It's not written by DPR staff.
--
Bats can't tell us apart!

Yes, it was people on the System 1 forum discussing DPreview's comment about development ceasing on the System 1.

It seems very odd that DPReview would be the conduit for an announcement
by Nikon that the N1 system is dead.

I can't even guess what Nikon's plans are. They've released entry-level
kit lenses with stepper motors (AF-P) but normal flange distance.
They're selling a D3400 two lens "kit" with a stabilised 18-55 but an
unstabilised 70-300.

Sometimes I wonder if you're actually right, and they've gone a bit mad.
Old August 22nd 16, 01:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-08-21 23:30:56 +0000, Me said:

[...]

It was part of the content in a forum, not DPV editorial content. So
that was purely speculative, just as some of the content in this NG can
be purely seculative.

I can't even guess what Nikon's plans are. They've released
entry-level kit lenses with stepper motors (AF-P) but normal flange
distance.
They're selling a D3400 two lens "kit" with a stabilised 18-55 but an
unstabilised 70-300.

Sometimes I wonder if you're actually right, and they've gone a bit mad.

Anything is possible. Now that I have adopted the Fuji X-series, along
with four useful Fuji XF lenses I am eyeing the X-T2, and at least two
to three more XF lenses. If I ever buy another Nikon it is most likley
to be a D500 or one of its descendants.

Savageduck

Old August 22nd 16, 01:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Me

On 22/08/2016 12:08, Savageduck wrote:
On 2016-08-21 23:30:56 +0000, Me said:

[...]

No - it actually was in DPR editorial content - in the Canon m3 review:
https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-eos-m3-review
Scroll down to the third paragraph:

"we're leaving Nikon 1 cameras out of the list, as we believe the series
is no longer being developed"

Old August 22nd 16, 02:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 8/21/2016 8:08 PM, Savageduck wrote:

snip

Anything is possible. Now that I have adopted the Fuji X-series, along
with four useful Fuji XF lenses I am eyeing the X-T2, and at least two
to three more XF lenses. If I ever buy another Nikon it is most likley
to be a D500 or one of its descendants.

I have friends with the Fuji X series who are absolutely delighted.
Another fellow CC member uses the Sony series, and was as excited as a
teen aged virgin with his first topless date, when Sony announced the
latest converter for Nikon lenses.
Meanwhile i am really happy with my 500 & 800 combinations. I just
wonder why they didn't use the CF card for the D500/

--
PeterN
Old August 22nd 16, 02:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-08-22 01:25:40 +0000, PeterN said:

On 8/21/2016 8:08 PM, Savageduck wrote:

snip

Anything is possible. Now that I have adopted the Fuji X-series, along
with four useful Fuji XF lenses I am eyeing the X-T2, and at least two
to three more XF lenses. If I ever buy another Nikon it is most likley
to be a D500 or one of its descendants.

I have friends with the Fuji X series who are absolutely delighted.
Another fellow CC member uses the Sony series, and was as excited as a
teen aged virgin with his first topless date, when Sony announced the
latest converter for Nikon lenses.

Just as there are X-mount converters for Nikon, Conon, and "M" lenses.

Meanwhile i am really happy with my 500 & 800 combinations. I just
wonder why they didn't use the CF card for the D500/

I guess the reason for SD rather than CF is, they have been able to
achieve equal or better performance out of modern SD cards to that
provided by CF cards. Add to that the bonus of being able to design a
more compact 2 slot memory port.

Savageduck

Old August 22nd 16, 06:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 12:51:41 +1200, Me wrote in
:

wrote in :

[...]

Good find! So it says but I think that DPR is laying nice with Nikon
giving them time to produce better gear that can take on the competition.
I also think that they are waiting in vain since any sensor smaller than
halfframe (APS-C) is silly for serious photography.

--
teleportation kills
Old August 22nd 16, 10:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

On 22/08/2016 06:46, android wrote:
[]
I also think that they are waiting in vain since any sensor smaller than
halfframe (APS-C) is silly for serious photography.

Have you actually used any recent micro four thirds kit?

They said that full-frame 35 mm was too small for serious photography
too, once.

Of course, if you equate "serious" with "impress the customer" it's a
different matter.

--
Cheers,
David