Thinnest 120 sized E6 film?

Old November 11th 05, 11:00 PM

Default Thinnest 120 sized E6 film?

As was mentioned on a previous thread I'm looking for the thinnest E6 film
for slitting and re-spooling onto 127 spools. This is so that I can
hopefully get an entire 120 length onto a 127 spool.

Old November 18th 05, 04:02 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Not sure it's still available but aerial film will have a thinner base look
for Estar (Kodak TM) or polyester base films, they will not be E-6 but EA-5
but you'll be processing your own anyway and can Google to find how to
modify standard E-6. How do you plan to advance the film, little red
window? And where are you getting paper backing for your longer rolls (cut
down 120 paper backs?)

The 46mm film is on a thicker base like 35mm or the older 120 TMax so I
don't think that's the answer unless you are inventing the 127 equivalent to
220 (227?).

For those that don't like to work that hard I think the Euro 127 is still
around.

--
darkroommike

----------
"raoul" wrote in message
In article , Nick Zentena

As was mentioned on a previous thread I'm looking for the thinnest E6

film
for slitting and re-spooling onto 127 spools. This is so that I can
hopefully get an entire 120 length onto a 127 spool.

Have you tried finding 46mm unperforated? Or has that been

discontinued?

I have recently seen rolls of C41 in 46mm but I think that E6 stuff has
gone the way of the dodo birds...

Nick