Canon 5D Rebate

Old October 21st 06, 04:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

Default Canon 5D Rebate

I have decided to get a Canon 5D eventually - just waiting for the
price to drop. 'Would like to do this before next spring. I notice
that B&H has the Canon 5D body for $2500 with rebate. What do people's
crystal balls say about 5D prices over the next 3-4 months? Is now the
time?

While I'm at it, are there any real differences between the CF cards
except for price?

Thanks in advance,

Hack
--//--

Old October 21st 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Scott in Florida

On 21 Oct 2006 08:02:13 -0700, "
wrote:

I have decided to get a Canon 5D eventually - just waiting for the
price to drop. 'Would like to do this before next spring. I notice
that B&H has the Canon 5D body for $2500 with rebate. What do people's
crystal balls say about 5D prices over the next 3-4 months? Is now the
time?

While I'm at it, are there any real differences between the CF cards
except for price?

Thanks in advance,

Hack
--//--

I look into my crystal ball and see....

As soon as you receive your 5D the price will drop.

Just go ahead and order the camera. You won't be sorry!

--

Scott in Florida

Old October 21st 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bill Crocker

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have decided to get a Canon 5D eventually - just waiting for the
price to drop. 'Would like to do this before next spring. I notice
that B&H has the Canon 5D body for $2500 with rebate. What do people's
crystal balls say about 5D prices over the next 3-4 months? Is now the
time?

While I'm at it, are there any real differences between the CF cards
except for price?

Thanks in advance,

Hack
--//--

Goes to show you how overpriced it was to begin with!

Bill Crocker

Old October 21st 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Skip

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have decided to get a Canon 5D eventually - just waiting for the
price to drop. 'Would like to do this before next spring. I notice
that B&H has the Canon 5D body for $2500 with rebate. What do people's
crystal balls say about 5D prices over the next 3-4 months? Is now the
time?

While I'm at it, are there any real differences between the CF cards
except for price?

Thanks in advance,

Hack
--//--

There's a strong chance that the 5D will be replaced early next year, but,
other than that, I'd have to say that the price has hit its nadir now.
As far as CF cards go, I've used Sandisk cards for several years with no
glitches, same with the one Lexar that I got for my D30 (not 30D) three
years ago. I bought 2 Transcend 2g cards a couple of months ago (cheap
ones) and they are crap. About 10% of my images are corrupt on both cards,
the first time I used either. Not a good average, I've never had a corrupt
image on any of the ten or so Sandisks we have, ever.

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old October 21st 06, 08:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John McWilliams

Bill Crocker wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I have decided to get a Canon 5D eventually - just waiting for the
price to drop. 'Would like to do this before next spring. I notice
that B&H has the Canon 5D body for $2500 with rebate. What do people's
crystal balls say about 5D prices over the next 3-4 months? Is now the
time?

While I'm at it, are there any real differences between the CF cards
except for price?

Goes to show you how overpriced it was to begin with!

Was there meant to be a smiley, or are you casting a wee stone, or do
you not understand marketing?

--
John McWilliams
Old October 22nd 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bill Crocker

"John McWilliams" wrote in message
Bill Crocker wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I have decided to get a Canon 5D eventually - just waiting for the
price to drop. 'Would like to do this before next spring. I notice
that B&H has the Canon 5D body for $2500 with rebate. What do people's
crystal balls say about 5D prices over the next 3-4 months? Is now the
time?

While I'm at it, are there any real differences between the CF cards
except for price?

Goes to show you how overpriced it was to begin with!

Was there meant to be a smiley, or are you casting a wee stone, or do you
not understand marketing?

--
John McWilliams

I'm a Nikon guy!

Bill Crocker

Old October 22nd 06, 10:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

wrote:
I have decided to get a Canon 5D eventually - just waiting for the
price to drop. 'Would like to do this before next spring. I notice
that B&H has the Canon 5D body for $2500 with rebate. What do people's
crystal balls say about 5D prices over the next 3-4 months? Is now the
time?

My guess is that February/March and PMA will bring the 6D, or whatever
they call the successor to the 5D, at a price just under where the 5D
debuted. With that, the 5D price will drop again, and there will be a
price situation akin to the 20D/30D pricing now, with, I would imagine,
a slightly larger price difference.

The caveat that I'd put out there is that the 6D will almost certainly
feature the new DiGiC III image processor, and as a result will feature
improved speed, high-ISO noise, and dynamic range. Likely worth waiting
for. I imagine (and hope, to a certain extent) that it will use the
same imager.

All of this is speculation however, so take it all with a handful of
salt.

What I can say is that if you're itching for a 5D and don't want to
wait for the next new thing, you should take advantage of the double
rebate going on right now. You could certainly benefit from one of the
lenses or accessories on the list (at a healthy discount of its own),
and the $600 rebate on the 5D, bringing the price down to $2200, is
pretty hard to argue with.

Will

Old October 22nd 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John McWilliams

Bill Crocker wrote:
"John McWilliams" wrote in message
Bill Crocker wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I have decided to get a Canon 5D eventually - just waiting for the
price to drop. 'Would like to do this before next spring. I notice
that B&H has the Canon 5D body for $2500 with rebate. What do people's
crystal balls say about 5D prices over the next 3-4 months? Is now the
time?

While I'm at it, are there any real differences between the CF cards
except for price?
Goes to show you how overpriced it was to begin with!

Was there meant to be a smiley, or are you casting a wee stone, or do you
not understand marketing?

I'm a Nikon guy!

Bill Crocker

All righty, then! Now I completely understand, and will also pray that
Nikon brings out a FF that's even better than the 5D.....s

--
john mcwilliams

Two vultures board an airplane, each carrying two dead raccoons. The
flight attendant looks at them and says, "I'm sorry, gentlemen, only one
carrion allowed per passenger."