Polarizing Filter and DiMage-7

Old October 24th 04, 08:42 PM
Casey Wilson

Default Polarizing Filter and DiMage-7

Hello all,

Long, long ago on a planet far, far away I thought I once found a
newsgroup dedicated to the Minolta DiMage-7. Perhaps I was being too
narrow-minded since Google points here for the most part.
I've been using the D-7 for quite a while and I'm happy with it.
Recently, I wanted to use the D-7 for a series of store-front shots and
invested in a Hoya polarizing filter. The polarizer drove me and the D-7
bonkers! The spot meter refused to function properly, auto-functions
wouldn't, and the resultant exposures were..., well, crappy.
Since I never go on a location shoot without backups, I ended up doing
the shoot on film. The only penalty was having to digitize the negatives. I
had enough slack built into the schedule to get the job done on time.
Is this a problem with all digital cameras? Anybody out there use
another brand of polarizer successfully on the D-7? Can someone explain the
physics of my problem in lay terms?

Regards,

Casey Wilson
Freelance Writer and Photographer

Old October 25th 04, 12:25 AM
Bob Salomon

In article iATed.2828$8W6.1612@trnddc05,
"Casey Wilson" wrote:

[...]

Next time buy a circular polarizer rather then the linear one you did
buy. You simply used the wrong type of polarizer.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.